Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Lift

I recently made the decision to lift my 2000 f150 4x4. I was looking at maybe a 4 or 4.5 inch lift. I have to wait around 6 months to get the finances together but in the mean time im trying to find good lift at a cheap price. does anyone know of a website with good prices for suspension lifts and what lifts do you recommend keeping price in mind? Thanks
Old 07-15-2009, 11:35 AM

Hey PhillFlyers87,

If your looking for a 4.5" Suspension lift you can try our website out topguncustomz.com! We carry suspension lift products for all trucks. And I already to the liberty to look up what we have for your truck, and if your look here > http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/products.php?S_ID=46 You will find all the suspension lifts we carry for your vehicle. If you would like further info on anything we can do for you, or if you have any questions please feel free to email me at adam@topguncustomz.com

Thanks,
Adam
Old 08-19-2009, 05:00 PM

Hey TGC,

Which lift do you recommend as far as quality and ride? Which lifts don't require you to cut off the top mount on the front diff housing?

Thanks.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:49 PM

hey go with the rough country if your worried about money. i just bought mine and its 1100 shipping included and shipped in 4 days.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:43 AM

First off, we stand by all of our manufactures and the quality of their products. As far as price goes, Rough Country is the cheepest for the money, but that does not reflect the quality of the product.

Now it does come down to what exactly you are going to use it. Thats where it gets tricky. If you want to talk to someone about the ins and outs of each kit then give our tech guys a call toll free at 1-877-274-9362 and you can talk to some people who really know their stuff and could help you out better than I can.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:25 PM

he said something about getting his finances together, thats why i suggested rough country. and its not designed for crazy offroading maybe some mudding here and there and i understand that. just a suggestion.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by mriley
he said something about getting his finances together, thats why i suggested rough country. and its not designed for crazy offroading maybe some mudding here and there and i understand that. just a suggestion.
I think the opposite is true. The difference between a good suspension lift and a cheap one will be noticed on the street. You'll see it in tire wear because a cheap kit will not maintain correct alignment angles. You'll see it in drivetrain wear (u-joints, CV shafts, differential gears). I don't mean to bash Rough Country or any other kit out there, I just disagree with the idea that a less expensive kit is going to do the job properly because he's not going wheeling much. You get what you pay for, and often the down-the-road expense of a cheap kit is much more than the up front cost of a good one.

I suggest that someone shops for a kit by actually looking at the components. Does it have:
-Longer replacement struts in the front, or spacers to go over the original struts? This is important because most kits out there come with rear shocks. If you put a new set of shocks in the rear, but only a spacer over the original strut you will have a mis-matched ride. And when you do go to change the struts in the front, you will have a lot of extra labor dealing with that spacer. Do it right and get a kit with new struts and shocks all around.
-Compression struts, aka "kicker bars"? I've seen a few 6" kits out there with this as an option. You might not be off-roading much, but you'll notice the lack of frame rigidity when you hit potholes or cross railroad tracks.
-A Arm drop brackets or steering knuckles? If you own an alignment shop or have access to free tires this does not matter.
-Got shaft? On the '04-'08 F150 almost every kit out there has instructions to replace or modify the drive shaft. How many kits have replacement shafts as part of the package?
-Brake lines. Ford knows that brake lines cost a tenth of a penny per inch. Do you know how much money that is multiplied by all the vehicles they make? Do you think they are going to give you 6 inches of slack because you might want to put a lift kit on? To be fair, some vehicles can be be safely lifted by moving a bracket here or there. But the F150 going back to '97 really should get new brake lines when it's going up 6 inches. What's that cost?

Quick Reply: Suspension Lift