Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for a bed cap needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suggestions for a bed cap needed

I'm in the market for a cap for the bed of my F150. I've got a yellow 2004 super cab STX 4x4. The kicker is that it's a flareside which might limit my options.

Here's a pic as it is right now.

I don't need anything super fancy like racks for bikes, kayaks, camping gear, etc. I'd like something painted to match that looks fairly sporty with decent ventilation so I can put my dogs back there instead of in the cab with me. They shed like crazy and I'd like to keep the inside as clean as possible.

I've done some internet searches on some of the major brands so I've seen the offerings from Leer and others. I like the looks of the Overland series by A.R.E. but I'm not sure if they offer it for the flareside.

Any suggestions on what you guys use/have used and what you like on your trucks?

Thanks
Old 01-28-2013, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That '04 is in nice shape. I'm not sure if I have seen a flareside with a cap to be honest, but those trucks were quite common. I think you will find one. I, too, am considering a cap for my new '13 XLT, and I like the ones By A.R.E. My personal opinion is a cap that is level with the cab and painted the same color of the truck. Anything else, or cheap, and you entering the realm of having your truck look like "Grandpa's Truck".

Quick Reply: Suggestions for a bed cap needed