Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Straihgt pipes...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Truck Syndrome

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Straihgt pipes...

So I know im gonna hear about using the search and all that but i tried that before i became a member of this site. here is my question. I have gone threw so many different combos of mufflers and nothing is loud enough for me. so my current set up is stock cats to straight so its 2.5" up to where the stock muffler used to be then a custom bend of 3" pipe that comes out in front of the passanger rear tire. i love the sound of it and its nice and loud but in the 1800-2200 rpm range it is crazy annoying! like a deep basy echo sound. Is it the fact that I dont have a muffler now? cause on one of my previouse set ups I had a flowmaster muffler with just a tip on the outlet and pointed down so it was still under the bed and that didnt echo like this does and it isnt under the bed anymore. I was wondering if i put some kind of packing or exhaust tape around the new 3" pipe if that would dampen the sound for the in cab noise since it is thin pipe I got from autozone. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 AM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

That's typical of a straight pipe setup at lower RPM's. If running a straight through muffler design it will do it as well possibly. The Flowmaster is a chambered muffler so that's why you didn't see it when had that on.

Far as eliminating it, that I do not know. Somebody will prob chime in about tips on that.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Truck Syndrome

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Franchi
That's typical of a straight pipe setup at lower RPM's. If running a straight through muffler design it will do it as well possibly. The Flowmaster is a chambered muffler so that's why you didn't see it when had that on.

Far as eliminating it, that I do not know. Somebody will prob chime in about tips on that.
ok, thank you

Quick Reply: Straihgt pipes...