Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SSI Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 09:39 PM

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Default SSI Tuning

I wanted to post about my experience with SSI Tuning and Shawn Ellis.

I read many threads about SSI, and been on various forums, and also dealt with several folks doing tuning over the years.

I personally had a bad experience with Mike at 5* in the past with customer service and had great experience with MPT a year ago. I bought an 2013 Eco Platinum and wanted to correct the speedo and get a little better MPG to compensate for my tires. I may try MPT out as well just out of curiosity and they have always been responsive.

I originally talked to Shawn and he was pretty confident. I think that's his style and can understand a turn off to some folks. I also see he has this loyal fan base that use bad language and seem to race their trucks all over the city. That's their deal though and like others at first I thought these guys are turning me away from dealing with SSI.

I still needed a tune....So I bought one from Shawn, and he responded professionally, and knowledgeable. I felt he was responsive and I am not one that freaks out when I don't get an answer the same day. I gently sent him a text to remind him when I needed something and he followed up quickly with a phone call. When I needed an adjustment he sent it. I like the tune, and don't need some crazy beast mode. My speedo is dead on to my GPS and that is all I care about. It makes me happy in the end. The tune is powerful and really makes the truck like a feather, it just scoots and shifts well.

Good job SSI !!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:04 PM

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

What tune are you running?T5
Did it do anything for your mpg
Old 02-21-2014, 09:48 PM

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

I am running the T5 tune, it may do a little but my truck is so new and my mileage is around 16 mixed. I have 275/65/20 tires and a level so that may play into it
Old 02-22-2014, 03:43 PM

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

Alright,just checking.
I had(have) the T4 and I haven't seen any difference in milage
As of now I'm back to stock tune (have to take it to dealer).
I'm not a speed demon so
My 2 main reasons for getting a tune were ,,,,mpg and shift points.
I do like the extra power now that I have it when i need it,
I love the shift points
but the mpg ...not so much

Quick Reply: SSI Tuning