Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo Performance exhaust and SCT custom tunes by MPT

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 07:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Solo Performance exhaust and SCT custom tunes by MPT

So it's been almost 2 weeks since driving down to the Solo Performance Exhaust install shop, coincidentally where they assemble the systems, in Mississauga, Ontario Canada, to have my new Solo downpipe with hi flow cats and 4" MR400 exhaust installed.

Lets start by saying I contacted Steve from Solo by pm'ing him from the board as to find some information regarding the downpipe and its availability. He was more than happy to provide the info I needed and quick to respond. He went as far as setting up the appointment for me and the guys at the Solo shop took it from there. The guys at the shop were great. Gave me a tour of the assembly operation and showed me all the peices to be installed on my 2011 Ecoboost. Did the job in about an hour and I was headed home!

Now I have to admit, at first I was shocked at the difference in sound from stock! Sound clips online don't do it justice!

At the time I was running a Superchips 91 perf tune and it sounded a bit ricey inside the truck.

So a couple days later I switched to my new SCT tuner running a canned 93 tune. Much better!

But I wanted more......and more was what I got! I ordered my custom tunes from Mike at MPT. Stage 2, 93 performance. Lets start by saying I'm still grinning! The shifts are awesome! The downshifting is excellent! The power is leaving my tires all over the road and it has meshed so well with the Solo exhaust that I don't want to change a thing!

Mike at MPT is top notch all the way! Very quick to reply, very informative and excellent to deal with!

Just to recap, 2011 Ecoboost supercab, 4x4 XTR XLT. Custom tunes by MPT, Solo catted down pipe and MR400 exhaust, AFe stage 2 intake, AFe blade runner charge pipe and 170 thermostat. Oh ya, and 170,000 kms!!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Banished

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I purchased the dual system and once it arrived I was blown away with the quality. Never have I seen an aftermarket exhaust so well made. The welds are a work of art and everything seems to have been polished including the brackets. Very impressive stuff.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, it's is definitely something to be seen! I especially like the band clamps on the connections.

Quick Reply: Solo Performance exhaust and SCT custom tunes by MPT