Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT X4 Tuner for 6.2? Only has a 5.0 Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 11:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SCT X4 Tuner for 6.2? Only has a 5.0 Tune?

I picked up an SCT X4 tuner from a performance shop. The only tune that was in the tuner for a 2008 or Newer Gas is a 5.0.

Is this tune suitable for my 6.2 for my 2014 6.2 XLT SCab?

Thanks...
Old 02-27-2016, 08:54 AM

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Did you try doing an update through SCT website?
Old 02-27-2016, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Timc74
Did you try doing an update through SCT website?
I did nor. I was under the impression that the dealer was including tunes, our that they were already in the unit.

Didn't even realize that was an option. Sigh...
Old 02-27-2016, 03:27 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by NASTYXLT
I picked up an SCT X4 tuner from a performance shop. The only tune that was in the tuner for a 2008 or Newer Gas is a 5.0.

Is this tune suitable for my 6.2 for my 2014 6.2 XLT SCab?

Thanks...
^^^ First mistake. Spend the time to ask on this forum first - before pulling the trigger - you'd get advice like the following:

Had you purchased through an SCT Custom tuning Dealer, you would have paid no more AND you would have been allowed to choose three Custom tunes of yer choice, for no additional cost. And - get FAR better results in terms of gains. And - get great tech support.

Read:

http://www.morepowertuning.com/sct-7...ford-f150-6.2l

Watch:

What I would do is return the unit for a refund and order an X4 direct from MPT.

MGD
The following users liked this post:
NASTYXLT (03-01-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 03:45 PM

I made a big assumption on a group buy on this forum. Not sure if the tunes just weren't sent by mistake or no . I've pinged the dealer. Thanks!

Originally Posted by MGD
^^^ First mistake. Spend the time to ask on this forum first - before pulling the trigger - you'd get advice like the following:

Had you purchased through an SCT Custom tuning Dealer, you would have paid no more AND you would have been allowed to choose three Custom tunes of yer choice, for no additional cost. And - get FAR better results in terms of gains. And - get great tech support.

Read:

http://www.morepowertuning.com/sct-7...ford-f150-6.2l

Watch:

Gain 50HP on a Ford 6.2L - YouTube

What I would do is return the unit for a refund and order an X4 direct from MPT.

MGD
Old 02-27-2016, 03:51 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by NASTYXLT
I made a big assumption on a group buy on this forum. Not sure if the tunes just weren't sent by mistake or no . I've pinged the dealer. Thanks!
Ah.

A group buy via a legit SCT Custom tuning Dealer? (they are listed on SCT's website).

If you did not ever fill out a Custom Tuning Form, AND did not supply yer PCM Strategy and SW ID codes as part of yer purchase, you will NOT be receiving any custom tunes.

Canned tune and Firmware updates are your responsibility. Load up the free Device Updater software from SCT's site, onto a Windows PC, and update yer unit.

OR - as I indicated, return it for a refund - you did not get the best bang for yer dollar here.

MGD
Old 02-27-2016, 03:57 PM

Thanks again! Nope, didn't get any of that. Thought it was odd because when I bought in 06 for the Mustang, I supplied all of my mods and and number from the engine bay.

Another big assumption on my part was that the X4 didn't need all of this compared to the tuner from back in 2006.

Can't thank you enough for the info!

Originally Posted by MGD
Ah.

A group buy via a legit SCT Custom tuning Dealer? (they are listed on SCT's website).

If you did not ever fill out a Custom Tuning Form, AND did not supply yer PCM Strategy and SW ID codes as part of yer purchase, you will NOT be receiving any custom tunes.

Canned tune and Firmware updates are your responsibility. Load up the free Device Updater software from SCT's site, onto a Windows PC, and update yer unit.

OR - as I indicated, return it for a refund - you did not get the best bang for yer dollar here.

MGD
Old 02-27-2016, 04:08 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Just to add, if you go ahead and set up the wifi on the x4, it'll auto connect to the update site when you click the update tab. Just follow on screen instructions.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:49 PM

What about if I just keep this unit rather than paying a 10% restocking fee, and then pay someone to create the two packages?

Thanks for the info on the Wi-Fi as well.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:09 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

As I recall, there are 3 canned tunes when updated, 87, 89, 91 or 93 can't remember exactly, they are generic tunes that will work with your truck, you won't get the performance that you get with a custom tune but it's better than stock.

To get custom tunes you have to fill out the form on the tuners website and they will then email you the tune that'll wake the truck up in a huge way.

Quick Reply: SCT X4 Tuner for 6.2? Only has a 5.0 Tune?