Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush phase 2 supercharger tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Roush phase 2 supercharger tune

I have a 2014 F150 Tuscany 5.0 w/4.56 gears, dealership will be installing the supercharger however Roush has told me their tune can not be altered for the gear swap. The truck came from Ford with 325/60r20 tires and 3.73s not tuned and the speedo was dead on before the gear swap. Honestly I don't think Roush's tune would work without the gear swap because the tire size on the door sticker says 275/55r20 tires and axel code 3.73 e-locker. Apparently they have a narrow range of tunes that the R&D folks at Roush developed for a $7k supercharger. And if I go elsewhere for a tune that fits my mods, Roush and Ford voids all warranties that cover the motor and most likely the drivetrain and the dreaded blinker fluid change required and forget the flux capacitor warranty.

Going with MPT's tune as I spoke with them and they've tuned many modded trucks with that supercharger.

Has anyone ever experienced this here? Tell me what you went through and how did it work out.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any luck on a tune? Strongly considering MPT as well. Not impressed with this roush supercharger. I think it's biggest problem is the bypass and lack of transmission tuning.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:11 AM

I ended up going with 5Star for a tune. They had to change the shift points where I wanted them. Big difference from the mellow Roush tune plus they bumped the trans line pressure and it will bark the tires 1-2 real easy and 2-3 at full throttle. My latest upgrade was an Eaton Detroit TruTrac diff in the rear, keeps both tires spinning in the dirt, mud, sand or pavement. Had to add Stiffler track bars ( custom length for the 6” lift ) to avoid axel wrap. I really need headers now. If I was to do it over I would have went with a 2.9L Wipple.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:42 AM

Thank you for the reply. Any reason you stayed away from MPT? I just really want some low end grunt. I feel as though I have to WOT to feel the blower. Might as well swap it out for a procharger at this point. At least I'd get better mpg.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:52 PM

I did try MPT after 5star and the just didn’t have the same power, pretty weak like the Roush tune. Went back to 5stars tune. They can tune it however you want. I don’t get into the boost until about 3500 rpm and shifts at 6750 wot.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:31 AM

That's interesting. MPT advertises some good gains. I've always heard good things about 5star. Just wish someone could get this Blower to act the way it should. May just have to trade it in on some turbos.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:55 AM

I think VMP is one of the best, I just didn’t want to pay them $600 at the time. Are you running the phase 2 pulley, injectors and high volume fuel rails? Are you running 91 or 93 octane. I can only get 91 but it’s ethenol free.

Once you pick a tuner, run data logs for them. They can get you what you want.

VMP and 5Star drive F150s they can certainly answer any questions you have, give the a call.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:33 AM

​​​​​I just bought this truck. I had a 2012 5.0 and ran across this 2014 RT570 for what I thought was a good deal. It has the phase 2 kit on it, and I'm pretty sure the rails and injectors. I run 93. Biggest thing I want to fix is the speed limiter and throttle response. Truck doesn't feel like it has any more power than my 2012 below 3k, and that's where I spend 95% of my time. 1/2-3/4 throttle is a joke. The bypass will give me boost, but then the trans doesn't shift soon enough, so the motor plains out and it takes boost away so then it really doesn't shift. My wife's expy with a ecoboost feels more peppy.

I like the sound of the new differential. The e-locker is nice, but I lose it at certain speeds, and sometimes I don't want it fully locked up.

I have heard great things about the whipple. Was considering the new On3 kit for my 2012 when I found this one. Had a base FX4, and wanted a luxury pack. This one was about the same price as a equvilent, non-supercharged trucks, so I went for it.

This truck has 45k on it, so I'm not looking to push the motor too much more. I like the truck, and I'm pretty happy with the wot performance, but I don't do that a lot. I'll probably just give 5star a try. I know there are probably plenty of dyno tuners in DFW, but I don't know that I want to push the motor that far. May just wait until I can find a used 2018 and give whipple a call. Sounds like that should be a wicked combo.

Thanks again for for your replies. Hard to find guys that have this blower. I'm sure they're just out enjoying them instead of online.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:31 PM

Check out what VMP can do with an F150.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 PM

That's pretty impressive. A lot lighter truck, but I'd be happy with a 12.9.