Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

roll up tonneau cover questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default roll up tonneau cover questions

im looking at getting a tonneau cover for my 2001 ford f150 supercrew with a 5.5 bed that has the bed extender posts. im wondering if a roll up will fit since the rails clamp to the inside of the bed rails. i had thought about a trifold but dont really like the idea of losing the front 2/3's of the bed with out having to take the whole thing off. so has anyone came across this issue. any info will be appreciated
Old 02-18-2015, 02:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

why not get a tri-fold that folds all the way back to the cab? or something like the Extang Encore tonneau that allows you to open it from either end? Check it out here:

http://partsengine.ca/p-55271-extang...eau-cover.aspx

I think a lot of tonneau covers are taking bed access into account. Yes it's annoying to not be able to fully utilize your cargo space. But a lot of designs are now making it easy to access your truck bed.
The following users liked this post:
illinois supercrew (02-19-2015)
Old 02-19-2015, 02:26 PM
F150 Forum

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Our ACCESS Roll-Up Cover should work fine with that bed extender mount. Here is a link to the instructions for installing the cover on your truck, with photos, in PDF Form. It should give you more certainty.
The following users liked this post:
illinois supercrew (02-19-2015)
Old 02-19-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i contacted tonneau covers world which i think is auto customs out of florida and the rep i talked to didnt know what i was talkin about. i called the company that installed my spray in bedliner and he knew exactly what i was talkin about. so i have 4 covers that im looking at, the access lite rider or vanish, and the truxedo truxsport and lo pro qt. im lookin for a good bang for ur buck cover. thanks for the info and ive now got a few options
Old 02-20-2015, 03:11 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

The Access Lorado is probably the most popular Access cover. Access covers are very good.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ACCESS
Our ACCESS Roll-Up Cover should work fine with that bed extender mount. Here is a link to the instructions for installing the cover on your truck, with photos, in PDF Form. It should give you more certainty.
Looking at instructions. Will element seal be stick on top of bed spray? Mine has bed spray in on where needs to apply seal.

Thank you
Old 02-22-2015, 04:56 PM

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I have used the roll-n-lock for years and love it. It allows you the full use of the bed, but also the security of a metal tonneau cover.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:22 PM
F150 Forum

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by chef-j
Looking at instructions. Will element seal be stick on top of bed spray? Mine has bed spray in on where needs to apply seal.

Thank you
Do you mean a spray-in liner? It might not. In fact, it probably won't, on its own.

That's why we recommend Black Window Urethane (they have it at the auto parts store) for making our gaskets stick to a spray-in liner.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ACCESS
Do you mean a spray-in liner? It might not. In fact, it probably won't, on its own.

That's why we recommend Black Window Urethane (they have it at the auto parts store) for making our gaskets stick to a spray-in liner.
Yep spray-in Liner. Thanks for info. I need order one when summer comes.

Quick Reply: roll up tonneau cover questions