Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger fuse panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angry Passenger fuse panel

I love Fords, I really do. I have had several but why is everything always so difficult...?

All I want to do is add a fuse tap to the fuse panel behind the kick panel on the passenger side of the cabin for my air horn trigger button.

I've gone through several styles and types of fuse taps and what should work doesn't because of one tiny little problem... the fuse is inset into the panel, not flush with it so the fuse tap that should work doesn't fit due to this recess.

Someone else must have come across this issue previously, they had to.

The fuse panel uses low-profile mini fuses but I cannot find a low-profile deep fuse tap to get past the recess and make it to the contacts. It's as if the engineers decided during the design phase that they didn't want owners to tap these fuses.

I've just been dealing with this issue trying to find a solution and until I do, I've been using the under hood high-voltage, high amperage panel as my source but that causes my buttons to burn out after a while so I have to resolve this issue with the cabin panel.

I have a 2011, F150 super crew XLT.