Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Mods

Ok guys! Oh and s-chick! I gotta start the mods, I'm thinkin maybe a AF1 3" intake and an exaust system for starters. then maybe the Xcal tuner. Let me get to my question. Soon to be lifted with a 6" Pro Comp but I notice most everyone has a leveling kit as well. Is the leveling kit needed or can i achieve leveling the truck with the proper parts with my lift.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:37 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those sound awesome!! You can go with a 3.5" AF1 intake since you're getting a tune. I've heard that it will run too rich/lean if you go with the 3.5" tube without a tune but you should be fine since you'll be tuning.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:24 PM

Thanks Triton ! I read a post by Wxmcpo where he stated that if he has to remove the tuner for some reason it wouldn't be a problem with the 3". plus I might end up getting the intake & exaust done a while before the tuner. Sounded like a smart idea to me.If it's a big loss in performance I'll just wait and get them at the same time. No rush for me just got an itch and it's gonna thin my wallet a bit for sure.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:02 PM

Yeah I feel ya' on the thin wallet thingamajigger. I just got my exhaust done and I'm wanting to do more but there are some other things/people ((gf)) that come first....lol
Old 09-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by txford07
Thanks Triton ! I read a post by Wxmcpo where he stated that if he has to remove the tuner for some reason it wouldn't be a problem with the 3". plus I might end up getting the intake & exaust done a while before the tuner. Sounded like a smart idea to me.If it's a big loss in performance I'll just wait and get them at the same time. No rush for me just got an itch and it's gonna thin my wallet a bit for sure.
Exactly. You can run the 3" tube without the custom tunes installed with no issues so that's why I'd recommend getting the 3" tube. I went with the AF1 and the tuner at the same time and added the exhaust a couple of months later. Sounds like that mod bug is starting to bite you so it's only a matter of time until you have to do something to get rid of that itch.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:25 PM

Well the intake, tuner and exaust are what I'd call itches. The LIFT,TIRES and WHEELS are gonna be more like a case of poison ivy . What about the leveling kit any idea. Do I have to have it with the lift or will the lift level it. Most everyone I see has it!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:09 AM

I say if you plan on lifting it don't waste the money on leveling it. Just put that towards the lift.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Agree with Triton. If you're even thinking about lifting it save your money and just get it lifted, unless you want to combine the leveling kit with the lift. I paid $180 for my kit, installation and alignment and then lifted it afterwards so that was $180 that I basically threw away.

Which Pro Comp kit are you thinking about going with?
Old 09-15-2007, 08:17 PM

I'm not sure at this point other than a 6". the guy thats doing the work just quoted a pro comp. I would search around but he's a friend of a friend who owns his own aftermarket shop and he's cuttin me a cash deal. He also sprayed the bed for me and I'm goin to get him to spray the B.W. fender Flares and the bottom like a two tone with Line X. Hope it looks good I think it will match the flat black mirrors and pillars. Is there something I need to watch out for on the Pro Comp's.

Quick Reply: New Mods