Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with After market Exhaust fitment

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with After market Exhaust fitment

I currently own a 2018 f150 supercrew Lariat with the 3.5L EcoBoost, I saw online somebody was selling a Roush Catback exhaust for a 2015 supercrew f150 5.0L V8, my question is, can one mount that exhaust on the EcoBoost? Or will it simply not work? Any help would be greatly appreciated not much info on the web. Thanks!
Old 01-10-2019, 09:05 AM

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I can't comment on fitment but would caution you about the Roush. Just took the system off of my 5.0 because the drone in the cabin at highway speed was awful. Fitting in a large resonator toned it down slightly but there was no way that the truck was road trip worthy with the Roush on it. Your turbos may quiet the exhaust a bit but that won't fix the drone. Borla S was the answer and worth every penny.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by termite
I can't comment on fitment but would caution you about the Roush. Just took the system off of my 5.0 because the drone in the cabin at highway speed was awful. Fitting in a large resonator toned it down slightly but there was no way that the truck was road trip worthy with the Roush on it. Your turbos may quiet the exhaust a bit but that won't fix the drone. Borla S was the answer and worth every penny.
I've also been looking into the Borla's, heard that about Roush from different people. Still on the fence of what direction I wanna take the exhaust, I want something loud when on the throttle but it's hard with the V6 seems like alot of them sound too Ricey for my liking lol
Old 01-10-2019, 06:55 PM

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Loud isn’t the issue, drone is. The Borla is plenty loud when I plant my foot into it. It is the cabin drone at highway speed that is the killer for me. You clearly don’t have to take my word for it. There are many posts saying the exact same thing...

Quick Reply: Need Help with After market Exhaust fitment