Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My review of after market replacement air filter for the 3.5L ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 04:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My review of after market replacement air filter for the 3.5L ecoboost

So I wanted to do a review of replacement airfilters I have tried out for the 3.5L ecoboost. I looked every where on the ole interweb for a review of one but could never find one. I didn't want to put a cold air intake, to much money and plus what I've learn is that they are cool at 1st but as the truck get older they tend to not help it in the long run. I own a 2015 ecoboost 3.5L I wanted to get a filter I could wash, reuse without the oil, and most importantly save on gas. The two filter I tried where the AEM and the AFE filter.

AEM- PRO: had a lot of of throttle, could tell a difference in speed soon as I put it on. It really amazed me how it woke the truck up.
CON: my fuel mileage went from 20 to 16 and stayed at 16 no matter the speed. I think it restricted the air flow, but I really don't know
Overall: loved the speed hated the gas mileage, gave it to my dad who has a f250 with a 6.2 he got 2 mph better once he put it on and made his truck fly! So maybe for a V8 this is air filter.

AFE- PRO: I went from getting 20 to 22 mph (which is what I wanted.)
CON: I really have no con for this filter except it cost a whole lot more than the AEM, and if it matters to anyone it has no throttle at all.
Overall: I like this filter, cannot tell any difference in this filter and the stock filter except on gas. I'm keeping this filter.

these two filter are different like night and day. I hope this helps anyone looking for a replacement filter instead of a cold air intake.
The following 2 users liked this post by Woodrow_woody91:
brando84 (06-22-2017), white_dc (06-22-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have links for the exact two models you tried?
Old 06-14-2017, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by officialsavage
Do you have links for the exact two models you tried?
no I do not. But I got the AEM on American muslce.com and the AFE on cj pony
Old 06-21-2017, 10:00 PM
Fake Ballin for da Gram

Received 434 Likes on 366 Posts

Just curious.. Did you remove the intake silencers as well?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by white_dc
I did, but I really can't say it made a lot of difference on the sound of the turbos. I can hear then in the cab with the radio and air off, haven't really listen to it by the exhaust.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by white_dc
Just removed mine. Will see in the morning on the drive home (on night shift). Also, just ordered an AEM replacement filter which was the original subject, and I don't understand how you could get great throttle response, yet worse MPG driving under the same conditions. If more air is allowed to pass through into the motor, that would allow for more efficient power, no? Anyway, just joined the forum and liking it! Thanks fellas.
The following users liked this post:
LucasTrucks (10-15-2017)