Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for some upgrade advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 12:32 AM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Looking for some upgrade advice

Hi Guys,

I been doing some research now and my brand new Ecoboost is about to arrive to the dealership, I got some performance mods in mind, would like to see if you have any different opinions on this.

Heartthrob Cat-Back Exhaust System (Stainless Steel version, not sure why I want SS though LOL)
Airaid Intake System
Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

what do you guys think? I see Auto Anything was quite competitive on pricing, anyone else you might recommend to shop with?

Thanks for the input guys!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

AutoAnything is hard to beat on prices. Plus use the code "first15" to get 15% off most of your orders (some items wont get the 15% discount)
Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 AM

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts

If you're looking for a performance gain from the intake, you wont see any noticeable gains.
If you're getting it for the sound, then go for it
Old 08-23-2013, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Pauli18c
If you're looking for a performance gain from the intake, you wont see any noticeable gains.
If you're getting it for the sound, then go for it
Thanks Paul, I think the air intake should provide some gains, but definately more than a NA engine gain, never really looked into sounds on those intakes, are they all suppose to make the engine sounds funnier?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by SouthTexasFord
AutoAnything is hard to beat on prices. Plus use the code "first15" to get 15% off most of your orders (some items wont get the 15% discount)
I agree man, havent seen anywhere was able to beat their price so far, good job AutoAnything.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:07 AM

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkz
Thanks Paul, I think the air intake should provide some gains, but definately more than a NA engine gain, never really looked into sounds on those intakes, are they all suppose to make the engine sounds funnier?

Trust me, it wont. Do some research.

It will allow you to hear the turbo spool a little more, some people find it annoying and convert back to stock because of it. Personal preference.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:14 AM

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

If you dig deep enough you will find full race found some gains from a dual cone intake, so much that they are in development of their own design. Intake of some kind is usually just a nice compliment to other mods that you add. It won't add enough to give you seat of the pants feel but there are gains to be had.

Also, look into a different tuner than the one you have listed. There are a LOT better options out there, I would suggest livernois or SCT device.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rob1334
If you dig deep enough you will find full race found some gains from a dual cone intake, so much that they are in development of their own design. Intake of some kind is usually just a nice compliment to other mods that you add. It won't add enough to give you seat of the pants feel but there are gains to be had.

Also, look into a different tuner than the one you have listed. There are a LOT better options out there, I would suggest livernois or SCT device.
I agree Rob, intake is more of an add-on for the exhuast system, I will look into the tuners you suggested.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:22 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

I saw minimal gains with before and after dyno testing on a Air Aid intake on my 12 Ecoboost but I did it mostly for the increased turbo spool sound. Worth $200 for just that alone to me.

And agreed on the tuner, SCT or Livernois are by far the two best brands for the Ecoboost tuning.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:30 PM

Thanks for the info guys, I just placed the order with Franchi on the SCT iTSX

Quick Reply: Looking for some upgrade advice