Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Shallow, Flush, Suspended Toolbox

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for Shallow, Flush, Suspended Toolbox

I'm looking to get a toolbox for my 2007 F-150 that would sit in the traditional spot (behind the cab). But I'm having a hard time finding one that fits my requirements.
  • It needs to be flush (or below) the top of the bed because I have a tonneau cover. Don't want/need/like those toolboxes that sit up high resting on the top of the bed sides.
  • It needs to be sort of shallow because I still want to slide plenty of things underneath it, like 2x4's, etc.
  • It needs to be suspended if it's going to be shallow. In otherwords, I don't want one that goes down to the floor of the bed because again, I still want to be able to slide plenty of long items underneath it.
The closest thing I have found in my searches so far is this:

https://www.realtruck.com/truxedo-to...007Y212MA.html

It matches all requirements pretty well. If it was even slightly more shallow I would prefer that.

Anyone got any good ideas?

Thanks,
Old 06-20-2018, 06:43 AM

Received 143 Likes on 100 Posts

That is all there is...unless you make a custom box your self.

There are also wheel well swing cases on the market, but you wanted the box against the cab wall as indicated in your question.

AK4wheeler
Old 06-21-2018, 08:34 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

i second the wheel well boxes if you can't find what you want. i have a pair of swingcase boxes and love them.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:40 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I ended up going with an underbed toolbox. It was great because it was bolted to the bed so it was secure and the door opened in front and not at the top. It was perfect for my setup which at the time had the Extang hard cover.

​​​​​​https://www.autoanything.com/truck-t...derbed-toolbox

Old 06-24-2018, 03:57 PM

Received 144 Likes on 92 Posts

You might be able to use one for a Ranger (or Toyota), just need to measure and see if it will fit between the bedrails. I did this on a 2002 Ranger I had. Just happened to luck into one that was about 1" narrower than my bedrails. I made some spacers from aluminum and ran the mounting bolts thru the box (and the Ranger's sidewalls) so it was actually suspended from the sides. Used blocks of wood to set it on while adjusting how I wanted it to sit. On mine, the top of the toolbox was level with the bed sides.

Quick Reply: Looking for Shallow, Flush, Suspended Toolbox