Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED headlights

has anyone ran LED headlights in their trucks? I have a 2000 with decent halogens, but was thinking of upgrading to LED. been reading up on them and have heard they're no good in snowy conditions, which I have a lot of in Saskatchewan...just wanting to get feedback from anyone that may have run them.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Levet

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There's quite a few threads regarding LED headlights. There's a few things things to consider such as how much do you want to spend? What color best suites your needs? Do you want a factory look? And so on.

Here's a few to look at for starters

https://www.f150forum.com/f6/led-hea...led+headlights

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/led-h...led+headlights

https://www.f150forum.com/f83/led-vs...led+headlights

Hope this helps!
Old 12-11-2018, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it did thanks! I'll just stick with my halogens, from those threads plus anything else I've found, I'd have to put new "euro" style housings on to really make it worth it.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:49 PM

Received 2,130 Likes on 1,216 Posts

A lot of info in those threads. Good and bad and some easily misinterpreted or easily misunderstood. I have a few posts in some of them. A year+ on a set of Supernova V.3 high and low beams. No flashbacks, no flickering, no daytime running lamp trouble, or auto lamp function problems. Took my time on research and went with a better known supplier for the reputation and info. Spent more that way but an happy with the purchase. Big upgrade over the incandescent lighting, great beam control, more light usable down-road, live in WI so used in snowy conditions. These are in factory reflectors of a 2017 XL F150, and correctly aimed after installation. I used 85 mm aftermarket deep dust-covers for extra room around the heat-sinks.

Incandescent stock low beam 25 feet from the garage doors.

Supernova V.3 installed in low beams. Several days latter and not quite the same position but close enough to get a comparison.

Big thing needed is to duplicate as close as possible the filament location inside the reflector. Newer LED bulbs, using small, accurately located LED chips, make this easy. Along with orienting the chips to the reflector. KM

Last edited by 2017bluetruck; 12-13-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Quick Reply: LED headlights