Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jump Seat Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jump Seat Swap

Hi guys!

I have a 2013 F-150 with a jump seat. I grew up in my dad's 1997 F-150 with a bench seat and loved it. I do not care for the jump seat since the console has very little room due to the seat belt mechanism and the cell phone holder is a lot smaller than my droid and is unnecessary. Secondly, the head rest is very obstructive for me when the seat is up (I removed it, but still) since I am short.

At first I was trying to figure out a way to install a bench seat, but I see no use in having to replace the entirety of the front seats. So I was looking through eBay and saw a lot of chevy jump seats that I like the style of. Such as this one: 2014 2015 Chevy Silverado Sierra Avalanche Suburban Tahoe Yukon Jumpseat | eBay

Has anyone ever installed a jump seat from a different car manufacturer in their Ford? I tried e-mailing one of the sellers and was told he would not sell it to someone putting it in a Ford since it is designed for a Chevy. However, I am assuming I can fabricate mounting brackets if necessary...or am I just dreaming of something that is not going to work?

Any information would be appreciated!
Old 08-20-2016, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I moved this thread to the Custom Fabrication Department because I did not see it at first and I do not know how to delete it from here.

Quick Reply: Jump Seat Swap