Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Bakflip F1 on 2013 XLT Screw 5.5 bed

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installed Bakflip F1 on 2013 XLT Screw 5.5 bed

I installed the Bakflip F1 today and I'm not too sure about it yet.

I ordered the F1 from Amazon (best price, $200 cheaper than anyone else). It was part number 72309. the Bakflip site says it fits the 2013 and that it "fits the tailgate step perfectly" (uhh more on that last part later)

First and foremost, the cover installs just as easy as everyone says. I was really surprised. Absolutely no issues. Would suggest measuring the gap at cab side for a good fit.

The biggest issue I have so far is it leaks like a sieve at the tailgate step. Has anyone else seen this? Is this where folks say to put a weather seal? I poured water on the cover with the garden hose and loads of water got in. What will happen in a proper rain storm. You can see straight into the bed, surely this isn't right?

Also the cover doesn't seem to lay flat in the middle. Maybe this will settle over time.

Any advice is welcome. I'll post pics when I can sync the phone and computer.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the same cover and it was installed by the dealer, so far no reason to complain about leaks. It looks great.

Quick Reply: Installed Bakflip F1 on 2013 XLT Screw 5.5 bed