Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

having trouble with leaf spring install

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having trouble with leaf spring install

So yesterday i tried to install add a leafs in my 02 xlt 2wd. It was all going good and i got the extra leaf spring and the new center pin in on my rear right side. But now i cant get the head of the center pin back into the hole in the block on top of the axle. the center pin head is about 3 quarters of an inch in front of the hole it needs to rest in to. Maybe the axle moved back? I really need help or else I might have to call a tow truck. Thanks
Old 03-02-2011, 02:59 PM
A6K

Can you try making adjustments to where the axle is as your tightening the U bolts?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by MzmerizedF150
So yesterday i tried to install add a leafs in my 02 xlt 2wd. It was all going good and i got the extra leaf spring and the new center pin in on my rear right side. But now i cant get the head of the center pin back into the hole in the block on top of the axle. the center pin head is about 3 quarters of an inch in front of the hole it needs to rest in to. Maybe the axle moved back? I really need help or else I might have to call a tow truck. Thanks
I take it you got the leafs in but yes its common for the axle to move when removing them from leafsprings. A little leg power will get it back in line.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:44 PM

haha i feel dumb for asking this question now, i figured it out. All it took was a little bit of leg power. the bad thing is i found that the bottom factory leaf spring was broken in half so i just ended up replacing it, i only got about an inch of lift. thanks for the help though

Quick Reply: having trouble with leaf spring install