Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forward looking video feed

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Forward looking video feed

So installed a new camera and rear view mirror with video this weekend. So far so good here is a couple pictures... For the camera I found fuse slot 79 under the hood ties in to switched power for camera..

Last edited by 2010FX4F150GILROY; 08-11-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Repeat Offender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. Where did you mount the camera? What is the purpose? Being able to pull forward without resorting to the Braille method? Do you already have a rear-facing camera?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Senior almost

Parking is a pain in this truck I dont know why, usually I get out to find I am 3 feet from where I wanted to be. So I added this camera to assist in parking.
I have a rear facing camera built in to Sony nav system. Wanted to add the second camera as a feed to it also. Was going to use lockpick but wil not let me add a second camera if I have a factory Backup camera. I added a rear view mirror mount for the front and can run it on all the time. But the Screen is heavy and I have found the mirror sags as you drive making looking back worthless. I have signed on as a dealer for the NU FRD1 and I have my first unit for testing.
My thinking is I will probably replace the camera for a dual purpose camera with one that does infra-red and or thermal imaging. I am thinking of alternate screens and how to integrate this in. I like the on the mirror camera just the one I did get is to heavy, also does a 10 inch view. I also am looking to tie everything in to a DVR that records 24/7 and setting it up for motion and adding side cameras as well... Basically when I am done I want a 360 degree view that records for later review if something should happen.....

Last edited by 2010FX4F150GILROY; 08-11-2012 at 09:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wrknhonks (05-17-2014)
Old 09-26-2011, 12:37 PM

Received 88 Likes on 36 Posts

I DEMAND a how-to with lots of pics....please.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Senior almost

I will post pics... like noob I took pics with HD on so pics will not load so I will take pics in lower resolution... The NU FRD1 is 199 plus shipping if anyone wants one as of right now I have not tested it yet... Been busy doing a one ton Ch e v y ... Top paint turned it in to two tone red and silver, sorry about the Chevy in this forum... but it is a 94 so pre OBD2 and lots of cheap upgrades and add ons...
Old 05-17-2014, 09:22 PM

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010FX4F150GILROY
Parking is a pain in this truck I dont know why, usually I get out to find I am 3 feet from where I wanted to be. So I added this camera to assist in parking.
I have a rear facing camera built in to Sony nav system. Wanted to add the second camera as a feed to it also. Was going to use lockpick but wil not let me add a second camera if I have a factory Backup camera. I added a rear view mirror mount for the front and can run it on all the time. But the Screen is heavy and I have found the mirror sags as you drive making looking back worthless. I have signed on as a dealer for the NU FRD1 and I have my first unit for testing.
My thinking is I will probably replace the camera for a dual purpose camera with one that does infra-red and or thermal imaging. I am thinking of alternate screens and how to integrate this in. I like the on the mirror camera just the one I did get is to heavy, also does a 10 inch view. I also am looking to tie everything in to a DVR that records 24/7 and setting it up for motion and adding side cameras as well... Basically when I am done I want a 360 degree view that records for later review if something should happen.....
Im glad Im not the only one that has this issue , Never had a problem with my 02 Screw .... but I do the same thing you said .. but Im getting better ... Im going with a front camera as well ... Ive only had this 2013 for about 2.3 months ....
Old 05-18-2014, 03:34 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Will this work with MFT on a 2014 F150 to add a front camera ?
Old 05-21-2014, 08:31 PM

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Holy resurrected threads Batman!

Well, as long as it has new life breathed into it, I'll add my two cents. I never wash my truck by hand. I have a monthly pass at the nearby car wash, and run it through whenever I feel like it's getting dirty. It's not easy judging where the front left wheel is as you drive onto the track. It would be great to have a front facing camera to make this much easier.

Tim
Old 05-22-2014, 06:54 PM

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Sounds like a good reason .....

Originally Posted by Tim13
Holy resurrected threads Batman!

Well, as long as it has new life breathed into it, I'll add my two cents. I never wash my truck by hand. I have a monthly pass at the nearby car wash, and run it through whenever I feel like it's getting dirty. It's not easy judging where the front left wheel is as you drive onto the track. It would be great to have a front facing camera to make this much easier.

Tim
Thats as good a reason as any , other than they are cheap and easy to install ... I want a DVR up front so I can record all the stupid Idiots that cant drive in Ca maybe make a hit TV show ... and Call it : Ca ... flat out STUPID People .... I swear 7 - 10 are stupid (lacking basic common sense and morals), I'm not kidding this state has more Idiots than the rest of the country combined ...

Quick Reply: Forward looking video feed