Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Fans

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Fans

I need to find a different way to mount my dual fans. This is the third radiator that has had a leak. the pins that troyer uses to mount the fans on the radiator will always end up rubbing a hole in the coolant lines and cause a leak. Can anyone help?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those pins that they supply with some of the kits suck ***. Check out the Spal website. They have straps and feet that hook into many of the electric fans out there. Can't say for sure they will work on Troyers kit but worth looking into.
Also doesn't Troyer now include brackets for hanging the fans? Might be worth a call and see if you can just get that from him.

Kev
Old 03-18-2010, 08:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fabricate so brackets and your trouble is over.
Will tack some time and effort to fit, But will Worth the effort.
Their is a reason why car company's use pines or straps.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 PM

Default electric fan blues

Originally Posted by kevhead75
Those pins that they supply with some of the kits suck ***. Check out the Spal website. They have straps and feet that hook into many of the electric fans out there. Can't say for sure they will work on Troyers kit but worth looking into.
Also doesn't Troyer now include brackets for hanging the fans? Might be worth a call and see if you can just get that from him.

Kev
those are for a single fan. I am not inpressed with Troyer, first the fan controls went out less than one year. When I called they wanted to blame my wireing of the fans. I install cnc equment all over the world, I think I can follow a simple wire drawing. I bought a new fan controler for $120. Man is it ever nice, progamable and it even has a small led light that you can put inside the car that tells you when the fan is running and if there is a problem with the fans or the controler. Then there pins put a hole into the radiator, had a new radiator installed with different pins this time and 18 months later a new leak. Only when I went to a speed shop that they told me that you will alway have that problem with pins. Now they want to charge $40 for a set for one fan. I am talking to a custom radiator shop and they will make me a set of mounts and install a new radiator. I would never buy from Troyer again.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 PM

truckguy57 i was wondering what size fans you are running. i've been looking at them and im unsure at what is needed for sufficient airflow to cool.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Truckguy, did you see these? Not sure if they work on the Troyer fans but this is what I have used on past setups. I have heard mixed review on the Troyer fans sounds like they have issues with the relays.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by truckguy57
those are for a single fan. I am not inpressed with Troyer, first the fan controls went out less than one year. When I called they wanted to blame my wireing of the fans. I install cnc equment all over the world, I think I can follow a simple wire drawing. I bought a new fan controler for $120. Man is it ever nice, progamable and it even has a small led light that you can put inside the car that tells you when the fan is running and if there is a problem with the fans or the controler. Then there pins put a hole into the radiator, had a new radiator installed with different pins this time and 18 months later a new leak. Only when I went to a speed shop that they told me that you will alway have that problem with pins. Now they want to charge $40 for a set for one fan. I am talking to a custom radiator shop and they will make me a set of mounts and install a new radiator. I would never buy from Troyer again.
What brand and model controller did you buy?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:49 AM

I just installed my set up today. I just bought a 14" thermoflow universal fan, and the thermoflow relay kit which included the thermostat probe. So far so good Ive noticed a great difference in excelleration to early to determine if and how much MPG i gained. What are yalls thoughts on this set up?
Old 03-25-2010, 02:14 PM

Default Fan Controler

Originally Posted by BigRedXlt
What brand and model controller did you buy?
I bought a Spal FAN-PWM-V3 / Programmable Electric Fan Controller. It runs around $160, but it is worth it. No problems with it at all. It is met to be install in the engine compartment. Programing it was easy, I used one of there stock programs. Now it does use a "WET" probe, this means that you have to put the probe into the coolent. The best way to do this is to buy Auto meter radiato hose adapter from Summit raceing. It is around $38. It will look clean.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:17 PM

Default Mounts

Originally Posted by kevhead75
Truckguy, did you see these? Not sure if they work on the Troyer fans but this is what I have used on past setups. I have heard mixed review on the Troyer fans sounds like they have issues with the relays.
Yea, I am having a custom radiator shop make some and install it. will post photos.

Quick Reply: Electric Fans