Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

edge programmer question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edge programmer question

I have had my edge programer for a while now, i have always been running my programmer on program 1 but just recently decided to start putting 91 fuel in it and run it on the performance program. When i first got it i had to mess around with the tire size and gear ratio to get the speedo correct. So now my question is how do i get those settings that i have it running on now for program 1 to change over to program 3, so i dont have to mess around with the settings again. Or is there any way i can figure this out?
thanks guys
Old 03-28-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what year f150 you drive but, I'm pretty sure the edge programmer, to run the Extreme tune, requires 93 octane and not 91, so your pretty much damaging your engine, so I would switch back to a different one asap if that's the case and to answer your question you can't, you have to input them all over again.

- Cheeto
Old 04-18-2012, 11:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheeto
I don't know what year f150 you drive but, I'm pretty sure the edge programmer, to run the Extreme tune, requires 93 octane and not 91, so your pretty much damaging your engine, so I would switch back to a different one asap if that's the case and to answer your question you can't, you have to input them all over again.

- Cheeto
Nope. 91 or higher
Old 04-18-2012, 11:52 PM

Received 202 Likes on 163 Posts

I don't think you need to change anything as the Edge remembers the tire size you program. At least that's what I remember when i switched from 1 to 2. I haven't tried 3 yet.

You can double check by scrolling thru the menus. It's not that hard.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

when you switch program levels...you have to re-enter the info...you should write it all down prior to the switch.

Quick Reply: edge programmer question