Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear Bra & UnderCover LUX

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clear Bra & UnderCover LUX

Back in December I bought a 2012 HD Screw and since I live in MN where winter can take a big toll on your ride, I wanted to have Ventureshield applied right away. After checking with a couple friends, I called Tommy @ Bravo Protection. He did an incredible job on the install and gave me a great price to boot.

The film is Ventureshield and all the parts are pre-cut, so no razor blade gets near the paint.

Working on the left fender

I also had the rockers done

And the doorsills.

Can you see the line? Me neither

Closeups showing the clean lines

I have driven the truck for a month now with the film on, and I can already see a couple of areas on the lower bumper where the shield did its job by protecting the paint.

For any locals thinking about doing something like this, I highly recommend Bravo Protection. Their installs are very clean and tight, the gaps are the same all the way around, and there are no stretch marks nor blemishes. If there is anything bugging you, Tommy and his crew will redo it until you are completely satisfied. Some very good guys.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:33 AM

Then, I was searching for a tonneau cover and I almost bought a Retrax until I found out about UnderCover and talked to Kristine @ Hooze 4x4. She answered all my questions, researched the ones she couldn't answer off hand and called me back promptly, and she really made the difference. With the UnderCover LUX (painted version) being the same price as the Retrax, I decided to order it.

So, Kristine called to say that the UnderCover was in and I told her I would be at the shop that day. When I showed up, I noticed a few Dodge vehicles and an occasional Chevy truck which had me worried a little, but I decided not to hold that against them. It was a good thing, because it turns out they pimp out a lot of F150s and they know them well. Bonus!

All jokes aside, they brought the truck in and proceeded to install the UnderCover so that I could be on my way in no time. Now on to the pics (winter mode) before some more comments.

As I mentioned, it is a great product, no drill install, very easy to take on and off, and very good looking on the truck. I ordered it painted since it was cheaper than having it painted locally, but I was afraid of the color matching. The weird thing is that under certain lights (at Hooze, in my garage, or when overcast) it looks dead on, but when the sun is out the cover looks a little brighter (whiter) than the truck. Now, the White Tri-Coat Metallic is very hard to match and the materials are different, so a little difference is to be expected, and truthfully it is as close as one can get. Because I am very picky, I have a couple of issues, but they are so minor they are not worth mentioning and I am very happy with my purchase.

For any locals, Hooze 4x4 is a class shop. They are an hour away from me but they were worth the drive, very good folks running that shop. I know that I will contact them for any future needs.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for the post..i got my answers.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by aj.rookie
thank you for the post..i got my answers.
Was that about the color match? As I mentioned in the other thread, the color match is extremely close but not dead on. Now, keep in mind that I have the White Tri Coat Metallic and it is a royal pain to match and I think that unless the paint is applied the exact same way and the metallic flakes have the same orientation, you will notice a difference with certain light reflections. It is not UnderCover's fault, but rather a byproduct of the cool paints we choose for our trucks.

I would say that the paint is as close as you're going to get, and under certain lighting, it looks dead on. Also, if you are considering a painted top, it is cheaper to order it that way than having it painted locally, and UnderCover's paint quality is very good.

On a side note, on my old truck I had a silver metallic Snugtop and it also had a slight color difference.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got it. thank you. awesome truck you got. i wish mine was a hd as well.

Originally Posted by LPMM
Was that about the color match? As I mentioned in the other thread, the color match is extremely close but not dead on. Now, keep in mind that I have the White Tri Coat Metallic and it is a royal pain to match and I think that unless the paint is applied the exact same way and the metallic flakes have the same orientation, you will notice a difference with certain light reflections. It is not UnderCover's fault, but rather a byproduct of the cool paints we choose for our trucks.

I would say that the paint is as close as you're going to get, and under certain lighting, it looks dead on. Also, if you are considering a painted top, it is cheaper to order it that way than having it painted locally, and UnderCover's paint quality is very good.

On a side note, on my old truck I had a silver metallic Snugtop and it also had a slight color difference.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice

Quick Reply: Clear Bra & UnderCover LUX