Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Door Handle for '14 STX

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 09:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Chrome Door Handle for '14 STX

Just got my '14 Super Cab STX. Its got the sports package so its pretty sharp looking with the Tuxedo black and 20'' alloy wheels.

One thing I was thinking about doing to dress it up would be to swap out the black stock door handles with chrome ones. Been looking around and I hear a lot of negative feedback about the stick-ons. Usually they say they look OK but you can feel the raised lip on your hands when opening. I want to avoid that.

Trying to decide between doing just the handle, or the whole assembly.

1. Does anyone have pics of their 09-14 black f150 before and after chrome conversion?

2. Anyone have 2 chrome handles they want to sell? I would be interested in trading for stock black, but since this is my daily driver I would need your parts before I sent you mine back.

3. Any advice on where I could purchase them if no one here has to sell/trade?

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Say no to all chrome handles!!

If anything buy a set of painted handles. But those are hard to find cause Ford doesn't sell them painted already anymore. You would have to find them used or by the smooth PTM handles and paint them.

OR

Buy a set of Platinum handles. They DO come painted from Ford. The difference is that the handle itself is chrome and the bezel is painted. They have the Platinum door and tailgate handles on eBay right now.

Wayne
The following users liked this post:
AJaxz984 (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 10:25 AM

Received 170 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Z7What
Say no to all chrome handles!!

If anything buy a set of painted handles. But those are hard to find cause Ford doesn't sell them painted already anymore. You would have to find them used or by the smooth PTM handles and paint them.

OR

Buy a set of Platinum handles. They DO come painted from Ford. The difference is that the handle itself is chrome and the bezel is painted. They have the Platinum door and tailgate handles on eBay right now.

Wayne
X2 ^what he said
Old 07-08-2014, 01:27 PM

Wayne - Thanks!

Maybe I wasn't clear - I think what you are describing is what I want...

I want the actual handle (the piece you pull) to be chrome, and the surround of the handle (is this what you are referring to as the bezel?) to be painted/black.

Is this combination of a chrome handle and painted surround called the "platinum" door handle assembly? I assume its called that because it what comes standard on the platinum version of the F150?

Thanks again - this is such a helpful forum.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Yep something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231221530495

Wayne
Old 07-08-2014, 06:17 PM

Received 210 Likes on 167 Posts

Default Hmmmm

You might just be in luck. I'm actually looking to swap my door handles for all black ones, I have a '13 XLT with black bezel and chrome handle. Mines not painted like the ebay one, just the rough texture black. I would do a straight swap out with you if you wanted, just one of us is gonna be without handles ha. Either that or I would buy them from you once you swap em out.

EDIT: After a re-read, don't think its gonna work, apparently you have the tux black handles and only 2 of em.... If I'm not mistaken
Old 07-08-2014, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Fireimp141
You might just be in luck. I'm actually looking to swap my door handles for all black ones, I have a '13 XLT with black bezel and chrome handle. Mines not painted like the ebay one, just the rough texture black. I would do a straight swap out with you if you wanted, just one of us is gonna be without handles ha. Either that or I would buy them from you once you swap em out.

EDIT: After a re-read, don't think its gonna work, apparently you have the tux black handles and only 2 of em.... If I'm not mistaken
FireImp - My truck is tux black but the handles and bezel are not painted tux black, they are just a plain unpainted black (vinyl/fiberglass?) Whatever the stock material is. Can provide pics if thats not clear.

I have the SCAB so only 2 door handles needed on my end - so if you have the SCREW you'd have to find someone else to get you the other 2, or just look for someone in a similar situation looking for 4... Let me know if still interested and we could work out the details.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:11 PM

Received 210 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by AJaxz984

FireImp - My truck is tux black but the handles and bezel are not painted tux black, they are just a plain unpainted black (vinyl/fiberglass?) Whatever the stock material is. Can provide pics if thats not clear.

I have the SCAB so only 2 door handles needed on my end - so if you have the SCREW you'd have to find someone else to get you the other 2, or just look for someone in a similar situation looking for 4... Let me know if still interested and we could work out the details.
Lol that sucks. But regardless if you have the keypad on the outside of the driver door handle I'll buy yours off you if you decide to buy and not swap with someone.

Quick Reply: Chrome Door Handle for '14 STX