Borla S-Type Muffler only , barely any sound from WOT - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla S-Type Muffler only , barely any sound from WOT

Old 05-18-2018, 12:53 AM

Default Borla S-Type Muffler only , barely any sound from WOT

Hey guys, just got my Borla 40842s S type muffler only installed on my truck and it sounds great at idle and when I give it some gas, but when its wide open my friends said ( from outside the truck watching) that its not that loud and hear more engine then anything.

Question, will the exhaust get louder as time goes on on at WOT or no? Do these require break in and get louder with break in? Cause from in the truck I hear more engine then exhaust as well ? Could be me though as this is my first vehicle with an exhaust mod any help is great guys
Old 05-18-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Micbruni View Post
Hey guys, just got my Borla 40842s S type muffler only installed on my truck and it sounds great at idle and when I give it some gas, but when its wide open my friends said ( from outside the truck watching) that its not that loud and hear more engine then anything.

Question, will the exhaust get louder as time goes on on at WOT or no? Do these require break in and get louder with break in? Cause from in the truck I hear more engine then exhaust as well ? Could be me though as this is my first vehicle with an exhaust mod any help is great guys
anything guys?
Old 05-20-2018, 12:49 AM

It should get a little louder over time; however, it's not going to be a huge difference. Have you considered taking off the resonator?
Old 05-20-2018, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by TiGa70 View Post
It should get a little louder over time; however, it's not going to be a huge difference. Have you considered taking off the resonator?
I have, but won’t that introduce more drone?
Old 05-20-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Micbruni View Post

I have, but won’t that introduce more drone?
It could i guess. My catback required the resonator to be taken off. I have the Magnaflow that comes out before the rear tire. I have some cabin noise bc of where it exits.. but little to no drone.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by TiGa70 View Post
I already have alot of cabin noise on acceleration and a tiny bit of drone at highway with resonator, barely noticeable, I might do resonator delete down the road if it will make it louder on WOT

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Borla S-Type Muffler only , barely any sound from WOT

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: