Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla S-Type Muffler only , barely any sound from WOT

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla S-Type Muffler only , barely any sound from WOT

Hey guys, just got my Borla 40842s S type muffler only installed on my truck and it sounds great at idle and when I give it some gas, but when its wide open my friends said ( from outside the truck watching) that its not that loud and hear more engine then anything.

Question, will the exhaust get louder as time goes on on at WOT or no? Do these require break in and get louder with break in? Cause from in the truck I hear more engine then exhaust as well ? Could be me though as this is my first vehicle with an exhaust mod any help is great guys
Old 05-18-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Micbruni
Hey guys, just got my Borla 40842s S type muffler only installed on my truck and it sounds great at idle and when I give it some gas, but when its wide open my friends said ( from outside the truck watching) that its not that loud and hear more engine then anything.

Question, will the exhaust get louder as time goes on on at WOT or no? Do these require break in and get louder with break in? Cause from in the truck I hear more engine then exhaust as well ? Could be me though as this is my first vehicle with an exhaust mod any help is great guys
anything guys?
Old 05-19-2018, 11:49 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

It should get a little louder over time; however, it's not going to be a huge difference. Have you considered taking off the resonator?
Old 05-20-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by TiGa70
It should get a little louder over time; however, it's not going to be a huge difference. Have you considered taking off the resonator?
I have, but won’t that introduce more drone?
Old 05-20-2018, 12:20 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Micbruni

I have, but won’t that introduce more drone?
It could i guess. My catback required the resonator to be taken off. I have the Magnaflow that comes out before the rear tire. I have some cabin noise bc of where it exits.. but little to no drone.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by TiGa70
I already have alot of cabin noise on acceleration and a tiny bit of drone at highway with resonator, barely noticeable, I might do resonator delete down the road if it will make it louder on WOT

Quick Reply: Borla S-Type Muffler only , barely any sound from WOT