Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best lift kit??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best lift kit??

What do you think is the top 3 best lift kits thats arnt horably expencive?
Old 10-31-2007, 01:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got an 02 Fx4 F-150. I am in sort of the same boat as you. I am looking at lift kits and not sure what is the best. I have been thingking about the Rancho kit, or the superlift kit. If you want the cheapest one check out Roughcountry.com. They have good stuff, i had one on my ranger before this. The f-150 kit is only $1400 which is not bad compared to rancho's $1800 kit. Hope this helps a little bit.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:26 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the basic Fabtech 6" suspension lift on my truck and think it's the best basic lift kit out there for our trucks. It comes with new shocks up front and lift blocks for the rear. If you have a 2WD I would highly suggest you purchase the 5" lift blocks for the rear vice installing the 2" blocks the kit comes with or you'll be sagging in the rear. I think the 4WD kit comes with 4" lift blocks because you have to remove the 2" blocks already installed on the 4WD trucks. You can get it for right around $1300 here;

http://www.4wheelonline.com/Products...roductID=71900

Stay away from the basic Pro Comp kit because it uses a 6" spacer up front and the cross member doesn't look anything like Fabtech's.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:28 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was looking at the rough country kit on ebay, and it looks beafy, and it comes in at around 1200 with 39 worth of shipping.

that was for a 6.5/4 inch lift.

it says you can clear 35's with no problem.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
I have the basic Fabtech 6" suspension lift on my truck and think it's the best basic lift kit out there for our trucks. It comes with new shocks up front and lift blocks for the rear. If you have a 2WD I would highly suggest you purchase the 5" lift blocks for the rear vice installing the 2" blocks the kit comes with or you'll be sagging in the rear. I think the 4WD kit comes with 4" lift blocks because you have to remove the 2" blocks already installed on the 4WD trucks. You can get it for right around $1300 here;

http://www.4wheelonline.com/Products...roductID=71900

Stay away from the basic Pro Comp kit because it uses a 6" spacer up front and the cross member doesn't look anything like Fabtech's.
Does that kit push the front wheels farther out? I ask b/c my wheels stick out about as far as I'd like them to now.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Most lift kits do push the wheels out further.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:49 PM

Default F150 Lift Kit

I just finished a Fab-Tech 7 1/2 (they call it) lift on a 2000 F150. Kit was well made and everything fit like it was supposed to. The instructions were basically OK but some detail points were unclear that maybe should have been clearer (example which way the spacer goes on the rear leaf spring, or the torque spec for the eccentric cam on the front upper). We fought with a lot of rust becasue the truck was older ... especially one of the mounting bolts on the lower control arm (almost 6 hours for removal!!!!). We did it ourselves ... work wasnt technically difficult but took quite a bit of time ... prolly 65 hours ... again mostly due to rust. Kit wasnt that expensive ... listed for about 1400 bucks at Top Gun Customz website. Truck looks great, runs great, and i'd do it again starting tomorrow, but let me catch up on my sleep tonight!!! Great kit. Recommend big time. Love driving it.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Sergeant at arms

I was looking at pro comps 6 inch lifts and was wondering if there is any differents with the regular lift or the metal mulisha lift. Or is it just a name brand thing. There is about a 1500 dollar difference for metal mulisha. Any ideas would help
Attached Thumbnails Best lift kit??-image.jpg  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:09 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

This FX4 is my first truck and I'm completey lost when it comes to lifts, what size tires will work with what, and anything else suspension related with trucks. I would like to go for a suspension lift of no more than 4". I don't see myself doing too much off roading but I would like to be able to have fun without any issues the stock suspension may present.

But ultimately, where should I start? Tires, suspension, or just get familiar with what I h as be before I start throwing parts at my truck.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by T Blackford
This FX4 is my first truck and I'm completey lost when it comes to lifts, what size tires will work with what, and anything else suspension related with trucks. I would like to go for a suspension lift of no more than 4". I don't see myself doing too much off roading but I would like to be able to have fun without any issues the stock suspension may present.

But ultimately, where should I start? Tires, suspension, or just get familiar with what I h as be before I start throwing parts at my truck.
I'd say suspension depending what tire size you want. I'm in the same boat, finally decided to go with the 4" rancho lift, but going to run Fox 2.5 coil over reservoir shocks front and Fox 2.0 performance shock in the back, hopefully that combo works out. I like that the rancho lift maintains cv, driveshaft and pretty much all alignments from stock, sounds like less problems down the road.

Quick Reply: Best lift kit??