Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 5 Star Tune for a Lifted Truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Best 5 Star Tune for a Lifted Truck

Guys, I've searched the forums but haven't found what I'm looking for. I just lifted my truck today and put on 35's. I'm about to upload my tunes that I got from Mike at 5 Star.

Between the 87 perf/tow and the 87 economy, which are yall running on your lifted trucks and why? Whats the MPG difference between the 87 perf/tow and the 87 economy?

Thanks for the insight.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

i was running the 87 perf tune on my Raptor (with 4.10's and 35's) and it def had more power for getting up to hwy speed or just light to light...i switched later to the 87 eco tune and it had less power, but as I was cruising back and forth to work, it made more sense to get more mileage (which it did, but marginally) so if you are closer to stock with higher gearing then i would think just stay with the 87 perf tune as you will be pulling the truck through the gears better and keep more power on hand for cruising, which can save mpg too.
The following users liked this post:
webbdawg99 (01-25-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 01:23 PM
rowads

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to hear something about the eco tune, from what i gathered before ordering you were better off going back to stock vs using eco tune. It would be nice to have a stockish tune with the shift lag cleaned up.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Mr. telephone pole

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I've got the economy,87 perf./tow,and the 89 perf./tow.I'm not a fan of the economy tune,but i'm shure it's fine.He doesn't mess with the trans with the economy tune and that's one of my biggest faults about it.Any of his perf/tow tunes are awesome.He makes the tranny shift so much better it ain't funny along with improved performance.As long as you control your right foot his perf/tow tunes will net good mileage.On my little truck i'll see about 20.5 mpg on the road as long as i watch my foot.With your bigger tires,you'll want the performance /tow tunes,and you'll love them. They also cure the cold surge at low speed that Ford hasn't came out with a fix for yet either.

Quick Reply: Best 5 Star Tune for a Lifted Truck