Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bed Cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 08:58 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Bed Cover

I read probably most of the posts on bed covers and I think I may get the Lomax Bed Cover. Any one have this cover for a while now and still like it? Durability of coating fading or dents and scratches on it? Seems this one may be more water proof or seals better than others is why I am leaning towards this one. Your thoughts and thanks in advance for the advice and help.

Last edited by kpromero; 05-10-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Not quite the feedback your looking for, but I'll chime in and say that I just installed one on my truck last night, and initial impressions are very good. The cover is definitely well made and seems like it will hold up well. Out of the box, it seals very well judging by getting in the bed to see what light comes though. It doesn't use a foam core on the panels, so the aluminum is actually pretty thick. Should be more dent resistant than the covers that use a thin sheet of aluminum over a foam core. My buddies MX4, while very nice, gets dents from sneezing on it which is something that steered me to the Lomax. That and I think it has a much cleaner look without the external seams.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by 18KR
Not quite the feedback your looking for, but I'll chime in and say that I just installed one on my truck last night, and initial impressions are very good. The cover is definitely well made and seems like it will hold up well. Out of the box, it seals very well judging by getting in the bed to see what light comes though. It doesn't use a foam core on the panels, so the aluminum is actually pretty thick. Should be more dent resistant than the covers that use a thin sheet of aluminum over a foam core. My buddies MX4, while very nice, gets dents from sneezing on it which is something that steered me to the Lomax. That and I think it has a much cleaner look without the external seams.
Thanks and I ordered a Lomax yesterday. Hope it does not dent too easy like you described its durability
Old 05-16-2018, 12:25 PM

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

The Lomax makes an excellent choice. It's been a very popular option since it's release and we rarely ever hear complaints. I think you'll be very happy with the purchase!
Old 05-16-2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Truck Brigade
The Lomax makes an excellent choice. It's been a very popular option since it's release and we rarely ever hear complaints. I think you'll be very happy with the purchase!
Thanks. I should receive tomorrow
Old 05-16-2018, 09:28 PM

Received cover today and i agree it is pretty solid that most that are built. It has a pretty good leak around the edges so i may have to adjust the rails maybe lower to see if it seals tighter. Again very nice but i am not sure how well it would be for security purpose wise. Seems to me you could get in pretty easy

Quick Reply: Bed Cover