Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bak Roll-X issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bak Roll-X issues

I purchased a Bak Roll-X two years ago from Auto Anything and had been very pleased with it until this summer. The cover did not fair well during the Memphis heat this year. I have splits developing in the vinyl top and glue not holding on one side seal and neither felt liners. I emailed Bak Industries but have heard crickets thus far. I realize this cover is out of warranty but am disappointed with the lack of customer service interest from Bak as I expected more than two years of use from their product. I hope that this note will both generate a response from Bak and/or alert fellow forum members to beware of Roll-X.

Larry

Note rubber strip has come unglued from top.

Felt to prevent finger pinch has come unglued on both sides.

Last edited by PLarryJ; 10-18-2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: adding photos
Old 10-18-2014, 05:59 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Hmmm I have that cover as well and it's a year old give or take and it's been brutally hot down here and I have had no issues with it at all.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts

Send me a PM with your First and Last name so i can search you in our system. I will see if there is anything we can do on our end.

Thanks!

Tom
AutoAnything
Old 10-20-2014, 10:09 PM
wait. what?

Received 271 Likes on 217 Posts

I had a Bakflip G2 on my last truck and it leaked like a sieve. I tried on three different occasions several weeks apart to contact Bak and never even got so much as a response. and it was less than a year old. I make sure to steer people away from them for this reason. I had a $200 Lund cover from Farm and Fleet on my current truck and it doesn't leak a drop.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts

PM Sent!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an f1. Had the same problem. I called the customer service and they were great. I talked with the warranty dept. and that where the hold up was. So I call the same customer service rep that I talked to them again and told them the warranty people still haven't replied to my email. So the rep took care of it and put he pressure on to the warranty people. Then a week later I got a new cover. Still haven't put in on yet fingers crossed!
The following users liked this post:
AutoAnything (10-29-2014)

Quick Reply: Bak Roll-X issues