Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAK Box 2 Experience and Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 08:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BAK Box 2 Experience and Opinions

I just picked up a 2018 Platinum on which i had installed a BakFlip F1 tonneau cover. I"m looking for real-world input from those who have the BakBox 2 cargo storage. The local dealer does not have any in stock that i can put my hands on, so I'm sort of shooting in the dark. Thanks for any input you can offer.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:03 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I had BF F1 on my prior vehicle. Purchased the version 1 bak box. Was ok, had issues with it falling down as hang with approx 3/8" of bracket inserts into rail. The new style with brackets to clamp to rail should resolve this issue but also more difficult to remove if want full access to bed.

Tool box will not go all the way forward due to F1 Mrs bracket so lose space. I installed Bak R2 on my new truck and just sold my Bak Box.

Overpriced in my opinion, now using a tote in place of the box.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BernieT
I had BF F1 on my prior vehicle. Purchased the version 1 bak box. Was ok, had issues with it falling down as hang with approx 3/8" of bracket inserts into rail. The new style with brackets to clamp to rail should resolve this issue but also more difficult to remove if want full access to bed.

Tool box will not go all the way forward due to F1 Mrs bracket so lose space. I installed Bak R2 on my new truck and just sold my Bak Box.

Overpriced in my opinion, now using a tote in place of the box.
Thanks for the reply. That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I think i'll paas on the Bak Box 2 for now.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:06 AM

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Japgen
Thanks for the reply. That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I think i'll paas on the Bak Box 2 for now.
Yea I wouldn't waste your money .I have a bak box 2 and it's always in the way always falling down the Velcro is always coming off . I am not impressed

Last edited by feifel; 02-19-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:29 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

not sure how much capacity you need but i have a set of the swingboxes with my mx4 and i love the combo.

Quick Reply: BAK Box 2 Experience and Opinions