Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoAnything

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 01:49 PM

Received 272 Likes on 167 Posts

Default AutoAnything

AutoAnything in the last 1.5 weeks I've sent you at least 5 PMs about the tonnopro cover I bought from you not fitting and trying to see what could be done with regards to returning it. Before the sale, you were Johnny-on-the-spot with the replies. Now that I have the cover, and tried to install it but had some problems, you wont respond to my PMs. Your profile has shown you online "searching forums" every day, at the same time, which is either a bot logging you in or you checking it out around lunch time, not sure which and don't honestly care. I would like a response, be it to my PMs or to this thread. I didn't want to go down the road of publicly calling you out, but I feel I'm running out of options since you wont respond.

Here is a snip showing you logged in right now, and a snip showing my PM sent mail box with the messages, dates and times they were sent (other messages to other members deleted).

I tried the "mention" tags to tag AutoAnything in this post, but for some reason it is coming up blank in the post.
Attached Thumbnails AutoAnything-pm-box.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by bigred90gt; 05-10-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a box from them in my garage I need to install. Have you tried calling?
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (05-10-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 01:09 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

why aren't you calling the company where you made the purchase? if you bought a big mac at mcdonalds and were not happy would you start emailing the manager or would you go to the store?
Old 05-11-2017, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by nineball
why aren't you calling the company where you made the purchase? if you bought a big mac at mcdonalds and were not happy would you start emailing the manager or would you go to the store?

The entire deal was made through their rep on this site. I will eventually call the company if I have to, but I feel if someone facilitates a deal as a representative of a company, that person is who I should go to if there is an issue.

if I, as a salesman/customer service rep, sold you something, and it wasn't as advertised, would you come to me to make it right? Would you be happy if you sent me message after message trying to get resolution, but I never responded? Or would you have immediately bypassed me to go to someone else first? If I had just bought something off of their site, it would be different. We had conversation back and forth here as the rep for AutoAnything, and he facilitated the sale. There's a problem with the part, and now I cant get a response.

A bit of a difference to buying a burger at a fast food restaurant.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:14 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by bigred90gt
The entire deal was made through their rep on this site. I will eventually call the company if I have to, but I feel if someone facilitates a deal as a representative of a company, that person is who I should go to if there is an issue.

if I, as a salesman/customer service rep, sold you something, and it wasn't as advertised, would you come to me to make it right? Would you be happy if you sent me message after message trying to get resolution, but I never responded? Or would you have immediately bypassed me to go to someone else first? If I had just bought something off of their site, it would be different. We had conversation back and forth here as the rep for AutoAnything, and he facilitated the sale. There's a problem with the part, and now I cant get a response.

A bit of a difference to buying a burger at a fast food restaurant.

i went through this with autoanything a few months ago so i have first hand experience. i wanted a bak mx4. i got a discounted rate from the user profile on here, probably the same thing you did, but the transaction took place on their website, just like yours did. i did not give my credit card to the user on this board, i did so with the site.

i had a problem with my cover and i called the number on the site, the same that anyone would do in a similar situation. the problem was resolved fairly easy with a 5 minute phone call.

why wait 5 days without a response when you can call the company and be done with it in an instant? it makes no sense. sales people do not typically handle returns when dealing with large companies like this, and if you are not happy with the service you are receiving there is always someone above the sales person to talk with.

(800) 874-8888. call them with your order number and resolve it today instead of complaining that someone isn't answering your messages and getting no where. if you are unhappy with the service they provide then speak with your wallet and never give them another order. it's not rocket surgery.
The following 2 users liked this post by nineball:
Ricktwuhk (05-11-2017), Ts01 (06-09-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 02:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I absolutely agree. Just call the number and get it resolved. That said, you'd certainly think the account here would AT LEAST respond, even if it's just to say call the number. You certainly aren't going to get repeat business by ignoring it.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:45 PM
Some guy

Received 2,032 Likes on 1,292 Posts

FWIW - the AutoAnything account here is EXTREMELY busy. They're a huge dealer, maybe even the biggest on the forum, and that account gets an insane amount of responses. Plus, the customer service who handles this account is also busy with other accounts. It wouldn't be unlikely that they missed your messages. I know even my own get missed by them from time to time, so there's no favoritism to staff members, either. It's not personal, I wouldn't think.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:49 PM
Some guy

Received 2,032 Likes on 1,292 Posts

And be aware, that "Searching Forums" thing is probably inaccurate. The Current Activity notice and Online ticker are highly inaccurate. The Last Activity is what really matters. That will update when they update something or make a new post, or read / send a message, and they could leave the forum for the rest of the day and still be shown as Online. It's not a site fault, it's just how it works. The user didn't click Logout, so the site has to assume they're still on somewhere.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:27 PM

Called AutoAnything. Spoke to a helpful young lady and am waiting on TonnoPro to confirm a defective product, issue an RMA #, and a return shipping label.

I know calling was always an option, but I'm of the mindset that a person facilitates a sale, answers questions before hand, sets everything up, that is the person I need to speak to when I have an issue with the product. 2 weeks later, still no response from the rep on this forum. To me, that is not good customer service. If you buy a truck and have an issue, do you go straight to someone else at the dealership, or do you give the salesman the chance to make it right? I go to the salesman first.

As such, when I get my refund, I will be buying local for nearly $100 more than the price I was quoted by AutoAnything for the undercover Classic. And I will do so knowing I will get an answer to any issues I might have by the person that will sell it to me (owner of the company lives across the street from me, and the sales guy is a brother of a guy I grew up with).
Old 05-14-2017, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Martian
And be aware, that "Searching Forums" thing is probably inaccurate. The Current Activity notice and Online ticker are highly inaccurate. The Last Activity is what really matters. That will update when they update something or make a new post, or read / send a message, and they could leave the forum for the rest of the day and still be shown as Online. It's not a site fault, it's just how it works. The user didn't click Logout, so the site has to assume they're still on somewhere.
The "searching forums" part wasn't what I was concerned with. The "last activity" pet showed them logged in every day. That is what bothered me.