Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried an aftermarket HUD

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 10:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone tried an aftermarket HUD

Anyone tried an aftermarket HUD? Post what model it is and your thoughts about it.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default yep

I bought an ADD W1 (currently $130 on Amazon) a year or so ago and put it in my old Frontier.

Mixed feelings about it - the tach was pretty useless as it didn't update fast enough, but the MPH readout worked very well. They are easy to hook up as they plug right into the ODBII port

The issue with aftermarket HUDs is that your windshield isn't set up for it so if you just mount the unit as is, you will get a double image. The HUD comes with a translucent square you can mount on your windshield that solves this problem. It worked, but the quality was bad - bubbled very bad. Comments I read suggested going to a tint shop and getting them to put in a square where the projected image would be and you should be good to go.

I think if you go into it with your eyes open (as per info above), you should be happy. I still have my old unit and am considering putting it in my new truck. Will see...

Quick Reply: Anyone tried an aftermarket HUD