Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Cold Air Intake for 2008 F150 - Airraid Jr. or Volant Pro5 Closed Box?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aftermarket Cold Air Intake for 2008 F150 - Airraid Jr. or Volant Pro5 Closed Box?

I'm looking to upgrade my stock cold air with a better replacement. My main goal with replacing the cold air is to improve my gas mileage a little. I have been looking at the Airraid Jr. Intake Tube Kit with Synthamax Dry Filter, the Airraid Jr. Intake Tube Kit Synthaflow Oiled Filter, and the Volant Pro5 Closed Box. Does anyone have an idea on which one is a better buy for an increase in MPG? My F150 has over 180k miles on it, so I'm not too much worried about the increase in power much, especially if it increases power but does nothing with MPG. Are there any other recommendations besides these cold air intakes?
Old 09-13-2017, 11:57 AM
F150 Forum

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

We offer both the Airaid and the Volant, and both are good systems overall. If you want better MPG might I suggest maybe the S&B Intake? Numerous guys here run them in their trucks and jeeps and we have one currently in our ecoboost f150 and love it!

If you're interested the part number you would need for either engine is:
4.6L: 75-5022
5.4L: 75-5018

If you have some questions feel free to shoot us a message!
Old 09-15-2017, 10:28 AM

Received 310 Likes on 238 Posts

Fuel economy? On a fuel injected engine, the ECU is going to try and keep the AFR where it's happy. Therefore, the more air you put in the more fuel it's going to put in. There is no way you're going to improve fuel economy with an air intake. It doesn't work like that.