Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Add cruise with steering wheel swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add cruise with steering wheel swap

I have a 17 F150 that I am wanting to add cruise control. I have read on the forums where this is possible and I have a few questions on the process.
I just purchased a Lariat steering wheel from eBay that has the cruise buttons. I read another topic that showed what changes needed to be made in the vehicle computers. I talked to the local Ford dealership and they claim to be able to complete this. It was mentioned on the thread that you could do it yourself with the proper scan tool using the FORScan software. If I buy the OBDLink SX from scantool for $30, can I use the free FORScan software to make these changes? It looks like scantool wants you to buy their software for the unit.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:00 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by 96z71
I have a 17 F150 that I am wanting to add cruise control. I have read on the forums where this is possible and I have a few questions on the process.
I just purchased a Lariat steering wheel from eBay that has the cruise buttons. I read another topic that showed what changes needed to be made in the vehicle computers. I talked to the local Ford dealership and they claim to be able to complete this. It was mentioned on the thread that you could do it yourself with the proper scan tool using the FORScan software. If I buy the OBDLink SX from scantool for $30, can I use the free FORScan software to make these changes? It looks like scantool wants you to buy their software for the unit.
The only software you need is Forscan. This is the adapter I and many others use with exceptional results.
Amazon Amazon
Old 05-08-2018, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I will order that adapter and give it a shot.

Quick Reply: Add cruise with steering wheel swap