Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 bilstein 5100 install

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 08:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2018 bilstein 5100 install

Hey all, so last evening I finally got to work on my bilstein 5100 that's been sitting in garage for a month.
I started with the driverside front.

It took me quite long to get the struts out but I took my time and finally got to the assembly of the new struts. I set it at 2nd to highest, but the problem was there was no way I could put things back together on the car.

I got the new struts in place but because it was may be 2" longer than the stock one i couldnt get the sway bar link and swing arm bolt to come all the way to the thread hole. It just seemed too far off.

After struggling i had to take everything out and put the stock one back in since i had to use the car in the morning.

I read all the threads and youtube video many times but wasnt expecting it to not fit due to being longer.
Btw, there was no video on the 2018 models.

At this point i dont know if I want to reattempt unless i know for sure it will fit with a certain way. Did anyone have the same issue? Any tips?

i have 2018 screw 2wd.
Thanks in advanced.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Did you try and compress the suspension using a floor jack? You should be able to put a floor jack under the lower control arm and jack it up while the strut is in place and the weight of the truck should allow it to compress some until it starts to lift the truck off of the jack stands.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:15 PM

Received 132 Likes on 100 Posts

Did you buy the correct ones for 2wd?

Quick Reply: 2018 bilstein 5100 install