Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 FX4 Level with Shocks and Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 FX4 Level with Shocks and Air Suspension

Guys,

I am sure this has been covered but after digging around through hundreds of posts I haven't seen this exact set up. I have a newly acquired 2012 FX4 Ecoboost, I really like the truck but definitely want to do a few things. I do quite a bit of hunting and fishing and can get into some challenging terrain, but I will not be downing any extreme offroading. I do want something a little more aggresive looking but I am not trying to go monster truck status. I will also be pulling a relatively small camper trailer on occasion. After a bit of research I am leaning towards the following:

Front End - Level kit or Shocks to pick up 2 to 2 1/5 inches, I think I would prefer using adjustable shocks.

Rear End - An Air Suspension kit to keep truck level when driving but not sagging when towing

Tires - Leaning towards Dick Cepek New Fun Country in 275/65R20 on the stock rims

Any feed back or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jimbo

Last edited by Jimbojo; 01-16-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jim

This is the exact setup I am running for the same reasons you state.

I went with the Boss Coilovers and the Firestone Air bags in the rear which gave me about a 3" rise in the front. I run about 10lbs of air in the rear for perfect Level. I am running the Goodyear Duratracs.

I love this setup. The Boss coilovers are amazing in how they improve ride and handling and when I tow my 25' RV I can just air up the bags to level out.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Quick Reply: 2012 FX4 Level with Shocks and Air Suspension