Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What add-ons to buy for my NEW 2012 raptor?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 01:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Smile What add-ons to buy for my NEW 2012 raptor?!?!?!

Just bought myself a new black screw 6.2 raptor to put with my 06 f150. I was looking at tuners for it. I already have a superchip for my 5.4 150 with an k&n CAI ect ect and thats running 425 rwhp and 460tq. So since the raptors are Beasts of the road. I've got cash to throw down for intakes, tuners ect. All opinions are appreciated! I'm ready to see what this baby can do OFF-ROAD!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 01:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 04black150
Just bought myself a new black screw 6.2 raptor to put with my 06 f150. I was looking at tuners for it. I already have a superchip for my 5.4 150 with an k&n CAI ect ect and thats running 425 rwhp and 460tq. So since the raptors are Beasts of the road. I've got cash to throw down for intakes, tuners ect. All opinions are appreciated! I'm ready to see what this baby can do OFF-ROAD!!!
Great! You will enjoy the 6.2 liters of kick @$$ american muscle!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 03:15 PM
ETTYOCEO ®

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations on the new Raptor! I have the 6.2 in my LL and went with the SCT X3 and aFe CAI from Mike@5Star. I am beyond impressed.

I have never driven a Raptor so I can't compare yours and mine. I can say that Ford did my truck an injustice with the stock programing.

Headers and exhaust are the next big performance purchases for me.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Aus nichts wird nichts

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes call Mike at 5 star. Also the AFE intake is another good choice as you get two filters with it. (one dry and one oiled + filter sock)

Fox 2.0 bump stop kit http://www.outlawraptor.com/23914/43...port-kits.html
Old 01-23-2012, 11:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by All The Way
Yes call Mike at 5 star. Also the AFE intake is another good choice as you get two filters with it. (one dry and one oiled + filter sock)

Fox 2.0 bump stop kit http://www.outlawraptor.com/23914/43...port-kits.html
The bump stop kit isnt really necessary unless you are jumping big or going really fast off road like 80+. Those came about after a few raptor owners bent their frames doing 100+ across rough desert. I offroad mine pretty hard and I dont see a need for that, the stock truck comes ready for a good beating as is but it does have its limits.

As others have said, the 5 star tune, exhaust, any intake really and its not a performance upgrade but i would level out the front, the shocks are adjustable, it looks so much better that way.

Another mod im about to do to mine, not performance related but the back up lights suck on this thing and the camera is not very good at night, I am planning on adding some lighting back there, im just trying to figure out if i can wire it where its automatic or if ihave to use one of the aux switches.

Last edited by JohnD; 01-23-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Aus nichts wird nichts

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnD
The bump stop kit isnt really necessary unless you are jumping big or going really fast off road like 80+. Those came about after a few raptor owners bent their frames doing 100+ across rough desert. I offroad mine pretty hard and I dont see a need for that, the stock truck comes ready for a good beating as is but it does have its limits.

Please read
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/40...t-frame-10550/
Old 01-23-2012, 09:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks for all the advice guys. I got a hold of mike and i am getting a CAI and the custom tunes. I just ordered the bump stop kit. It a good thing I had cash for a lot of this or my payments would be through the roof and I would be living under a bridge haha! But living in nebraska I know nobody with a raptor and have only seen 1 with neb license plates. So, I have been and will be tearing sh** up by myself with my music rockin.

Trending Topics

Old 01-23-2012, 09:28 PM
ETTYOCEO ®

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 04black150
thanks for all the advice guys. I got a hold of mike and i am getting a CAI and the custom tunes. I just ordered the bump stop kit. It a good thing I had cash for a lot of this or my payments would be through the roof and I would be living under a bridge haha! But living in nebraska I know nobody with a raptor and have only seen 1 with neb license plates. So, I have been and will be tearing sh** up by myself with my music rockin.
Where you at in NE? I am in West Omaha and have seen about three new Raptors lately. If you are in Omaha PM me and we can meet and I will show you what Mike did for my 6.2L. Different platforms but still the same engine.

Sorry about the music on here. I should have turned it off before I started recording:

Link to youtube video
Old 01-23-2012, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by All The Way
Thanks for the link, it was a good read but im still not convinced, the guy admitted to overloading his truck (and driving it hard offroad that way) and as one of the posters on that thread pointed out, driving on a blown shock more than anything else probably led to the frame bending. Just a difference in opinion. Ill spend my $1500 on something else.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Well another thread fail by this guy....he has 3 threads about his new raptor that doesn't exist. FAIL! Oh and I bet your 06 or 04 which one is it? does not have nearly that much hp or torque with the mods you listed. Sorry to be an *** but I just don't see the point in posting something you don't have! Prove me wrong please

Quick Reply: What add-ons to buy for my NEW 2012 raptor?!?!?!