Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Quality

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 07:35 PM

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Ride Quality

How does the ride quality on the street in the Raptor compare to a regular 4x4 or a model with the "sport tuned" suspension (like what the Harley model and Limited have)? Is there more body roll around turns? Does it eat up the pot holes and chewed up sections of road better? Or is the difference hardly noticeable at all for normal street driving? I'm not asking about off-road differences. I know the Raptor would excel there. If I got one, it would spend most of it's life on the street. I know that's blasphemy, but I think the truck is awesome, so it interests me, even if I won't constantly take advantage of all its off-road capabilities. Anyway, how does it compare on the street to the others?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have steped from a 2010 FX4 to a 2012 Raptor. So far I test drove 6 the one I have seems typical, the suspension is more car like than truck like on the freeway. Pot holes dont send a shiver down my spine, not that the FX4 was bad, if you want bad drive a chevy or a dodge those are bone jarring... Overall the ride is smoother in the Raptor according to my bad back anyways...
Old 07-23-2012, 09:28 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The long travel suspension on the raptor is helped by springs that have more dynamic travel and are softer. It rides much nicer than my FX4 I had (which I loved). It also has a lot of electronics tied into the suspension and body control modules to sense roll pitch and yaw and adjusts power to the wheels and braking to compensate. It's pretty sophisticated. cool stuff.

I would not buy the raptor for the ride....If your not going to use it much off road, I would get a FX4 hands down. Those are the sweetest looking trucks out there.

Quick Reply: Ride Quality