Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts Availability to do TSB 16-0155 Frozen Door Lock/Latches

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 08:06 PM

Received 118 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Parts Availability to do TSB 16-0155 Frozen Door Lock/Latches

Can we get an update from Ford on parts to fix this problem???? It is an alarming issue when you cannot get your drivers door locks/latches to work. Then when you actually find the TSB try to schedule the work? No parts and it maybe a month out or so.

My service department can schedule an appointment to take door apart and dry it??? OMG Really I park outside. I can only hope our weather doesn't do the fluctate back and forth between low 20s to mid 30s.

Anyone else having a similar experience? The people who have gotten this done were the parts generally available or did you wait a painful amount of time?
Old 12-16-2016, 08:08 PM

Received 118 Likes on 87 Posts

Moderators can you please move to Regular F150 my mistake posting to raptor area.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:45 PM

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBoy4fun_wa
Can we get an update from Ford on parts to fix this problem???? It is an alarming issue when you cannot get your drivers door locks/latches to work. Then when you actually find the TSB try to schedule the work? No parts and it maybe a month out or so.

My service department can schedule an appointment to take door apart and dry it??? OMG Really I park outside. I can only hope our weather doesn't do the fluctate back and forth between low 20s to mid 30s.

Anyone else having a similar experience? The people who have gotten this done were the parts generally available or did you wait a painful amount of time?
Funny I just experienced this today. My truck does in Monday it's quite the involved tsb from what I read
Old 12-20-2016, 12:14 AM
F150 FTW

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

mine got ordered and were here in 3 days.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Hey BadBoy4fun_wa,

I understand your frustration. Please send me a private message with your name, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; let's see about getting those parts in as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by feifel
Funny I just experienced this today. My truck does in Monday it's quite the involved tsb from what I read
Was your dealership able to get the TSB done for you, feifel? I'm here if you need me.

Rachel
Old 05-31-2017, 04:53 PM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

My 2015 F150 SCREW will warranty out in ~3-4k miles. I have had frozen doors prior winter. In thinking I need the fix before warranty expiration I was near my Ford dealer today and stopped in to ask about this issue. The service guy was new to Ford and had not heard of the frozen door locks as warm since his arrival there so he called a friend who also works Fords and neither of them knows anything per his call back to me.
FWIW- Obviously he doesn't know how to research for a TB solution to a stated problem. My google found the TB in an instant! Carts kicking the horse on this one huh?
I just now called them back with TB16-0155 reference for further information on parts availability, etc.. Lets see what happens???

Last edited by Kantuckid; 05-31-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you get another Ford you are still going to be dealing with the latch issue. Everyone who has had this issue should attempt to start a buyback. Ford has been lazy, negligent and liable (in ways that are yet to realized ) on this serious safety issue. I have decided not to get one because of this after trying one as a demo for 3 days and am looking at a Ram.

Last edited by yellowboy; 01-17-2019 at 05:19 AM. Reason: add
Old 01-25-2019, 10:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I know you have had a lot of questions on this but! How many times did you have it in for service before you called and started the process.
I have a 2018 Platinum that I have been fighting with this issue since the weather turned cold. Problems every day that is 28 deg F or less.
I live near Buffalo so that is most days. Took it in yesterday for 19-2007 TSB. Today it was 24 deg F and again had to hold my door closed
all the way to work.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:54 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

There is a massive and very informative thread on this in the general discussion forum. First, the TSB doesn’t work. It does nothing to fix it. My 18 Platinum’s doors always opened but they wouldn’t latch shut in freezing weather after sitting out at night. There are do it yourself fixes in the other thread explaining why it happens and how to fix it, though that’s not to excuse Ford’s complete negligence in this.

I used a good quality lube spray, not WD40, and it worked and remained working for a couple of weeks before needing another spray.

All that said, my 19 Raptor thankfully hasn’t suffered that problem at all, and we’ve had close to zero degrees after snow and rain the nights before.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:23 PM

Received 637 Likes on 330 Posts

see sticky post and go to # 2 and it will be fixed -- what we refer to as the "ghetto fix" Worked on my 2015 without fail and now my 2018 without fail. My 2015 was really bad until ghetto fixed. A three day process in total of maybe 15 minutes to do in total time.