Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got the new Raptor coming for a 16 3.5 limited have a transmission question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got the new Raptor coming for a 16 3.5 limited have a transmission question.

Well I just bought the new Raptor Yesterday and obviously I love it but just wondering about the 10 speed trans. I can feel it downshift and I never felt that with the 16. It's nothing crazy but definitely present. It's not as much as when in sport mode which I know that's normal because the 16 did that too.

I posted about it on the ecoboost group on facebook and many said it's because it's so new and needs to break in just wondering if anyone else with the 10 speed has noticed this. It's got about 100 miles on it.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:46 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by rbtrucking
Well I just bought the new Raptor Yesterday and obviously I love it but just wondering about the 10 speed trans. I can feel it downshift and I never felt that with the 16. It's nothing crazy but definitely present. It's not as much as when in sport mode which I know that's normal because the 16 did that too.

I posted about it on the ecoboost group on facebook and many said it's because it's so new and needs to break in just wondering if anyone else with the 10 speed has noticed this. It's got about 100 miles on it.
Mine was a bit jerky the first 2-300 miles then smoothed out. It's like butter now at 2500 miles
Old 05-13-2017, 11:31 PM

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

just over 3300 and mine is still like that. I was assuming i felt it more because of the power when you get on it.

Honestly i havent been to concerned about it. I have 72000 more miles for it to break. by the time i get there ill be getting rid of it anyway..
Old 05-14-2017, 02:21 PM

Well thank you guys very much I figured it was something I shouldn't really worry about.

What's your take on the break in period, do you guys baby your trucks for the first 500 miles? I've heard like don't give it more than 50% throttle and don't let the engine get to over 4000 RPM. What are your thoughts?
Old 05-14-2017, 09:53 PM

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

Each person seems to have their own thoughts behind this. Alot of manufacturers say to go easy for the first 1000 miles.

I on the other hand feel if something is going to break i want it to break early to make sure its covered. So after about 1/4 mile down the road from the dealership, ive driven it like i stole it..lol
Old 05-15-2017, 08:19 AM
n2o

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

It may need a re-flash. I would take it back to them, the 10-speeds are still a little "buggy" at this point. We had to have another transmission, then because the system wasn't clean and contaminated the replacement. On the next go around, they replaced the trans and converter, cooler, heater, and even the bell-housing bolts.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by gentz002
Each person seems to have their own thoughts behind this. Alot of manufacturers say to go easy for the first 1000 miles.

I on the other hand feel if something is going to break i want it to break early to make sure its covered. So after about 1/4 mile down the road from the dealership, ive driven it like i stole it..lol
Well I've got the 6 year 60k so I'll be covered for a while.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by n2o
It may need a re-flash. I would take it back to them, the 10-speeds are still a little "buggy" at this point. We had to have another transmission, then because the system wasn't clean and contaminated the replacement. On the next go around, they replaced the trans and converter, cooler, heater, and even the bell-housing bolts.
How long did it take for a replacement? I've heard some say they can sit at the dealership for months.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have same issue with my raptor, specially in small road the gear shifting crazy and it's reach 6 or 7 !!

Some times I setup the gear up to No.5 in neighborhoods.

I think it's only need an updates or programing.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by FORD PERFORMANCE
I have same issue with my raptor, specially in small road the gear shifting crazy and it's reach 6 or 7 !!

Some times I setup the gear up to No.5 in neighborhoods.

I think it's only need an updates or programing.
That's actually normal mine does that too. In normal mode it's designed to always go to the highest gear/lowest RPM to save the most gas. My 16 did that too even with the 6 speed auto on back roads it would get all the way up to 6th gear going like 45.