Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heads up to potential owners in so cal.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 07:00 PM

Received 119 Likes on 110 Posts

Default heads up to potential owners in so cal.

just got a call from ken grody wanting to know if i still wanted a raptor. the market is changing. didn't even bother asking what he was asking for markup. had more fun telling him i already had one exactly like i want at the price i was comfortable with. but if he was calling me then they were considering the 5-10k over. from the last time i called him they had 25 raptors instock across so cal. start haggling them. it is the second dealer i told, they lost the sale cause they are to high.

hopefully some can get the same or better price locally without chasing a deal all over the country.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:10 PM

http://kengrodyfordorangecounty.com/...aptor/SortBy0/

they have 48 in oc for sale. no wonder they are entertaining offers now.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:50 PM

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

just keep waiting while these morons sit on the truck. There is absolutely no reason to pay over MSRP for one.. I say another month and they will smarten up.

only reason dealers charge this is because idiots pay it.lol
Old 06-08-2017, 11:50 PM

lol i paid a premium. and i don't feel like an idiot.
it was hard to walk away from when i found the exact truck i had been building and pricing since the build and price dropped.
i justify the 10k over i did pay in 2 ways.
1 i drove 65 miles and saved 5-10k over what the above dealer was asking for a truck that had stuff i didn't want.
2 instant satisfaction, with no compromise. and the total payment is $200 more a month with accelerated payments.
The following users liked this post:
GordonFreeman (06-11-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 12:01 AM

i understand that to a point. however for the $10k you spent. you could have flown first class to anywhere in the US bought the truck and had it shipped back and still spent less than $10k....

by doing that not only do you get exactly what you want, but you give that dealer asking a ridiculous a mount, a big F*** You.... lol and that is worth thousands..
Old 06-09-2017, 12:21 AM

lol perhaps. but convenience, and ease of acquisition, and minimal interruption to my daily life and routine was well worth the 10k to me.
i take 2 kids and a wife every where. the cost of wife wasting vacation days with the hassle of taking 2 small kids where ever, would mean i would not have one lol.
with your proposed method i guess i only paid 5k premium with a 5k convenience fee. thanks for making me feel even better about it lol. its the same as paying a few hundred extra per a person for a direct flight to the Philippines to me now.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can live with paying $5K over because I got to spec my truck, sure I'd have liked it cheaper but nothing I found had the spec I wanted so I'd have had to overpay for options I didn't want
Old 06-09-2017, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by dlbb
lol perhaps. but convenience, and ease of acquisition, and minimal interruption to my daily life and routine was well worth the 10k to me.
i take 2 kids and a wife every where. the cost of wife wasting vacation days with the hassle of taking 2 small kids where ever, would mean i would not have one lol.
with your proposed method i guess i only paid 5k premium with a 5k convenience fee. thanks for making me feel even better about it lol. its the same as paying a few hundred extra per a person for a direct flight to the Philippines to me now.
lol glad to help. i guess i should amend my original statement, and not call the buyer an idiot. Just these dealers with their ridiculous markups annoy the hell out of me.
dlbb (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 09:11 PM

Received 169 Likes on 117 Posts

FYI, I get tired of hearing paying MSRP or higher..... I paid less than MSRP. That's what developing a relationship with a dealership will do for you. To each his own. If you are willing to pay it you will. Just curious why everybody keeps talking about it. I would prefer hearing about what you are doing with or to the truck after you get it. Just saying. Dead horse.... Mod on!
dlbb (06-10-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would be handy to have a single thread for anyone who comes across one at MSRP so they can share for people looking. This, and other forums are full of posts of people looking for one at list price.

Totally agree, people will pay what they are happy with depending on their circumstances - what happens after the sale is more interesting