Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog lights for 2019 raptor

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 03:00 PM
some guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lights for 2019 raptor

Hey everyone, taking delivery if my Raptor beginning of June. Looking for fog light kit to fill the holes.
Any opinions or experience?
I was debating between rough country or spartan,
Thoughts?
Old 04-19-2019, 04:01 PM

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Originally Posted by CREWZN
Hey everyone, taking delivery if my Raptor beginning of June. Looking for fog light kit to fill the holes.
Thoughts?
Do those kits have real fog lights or off road lights?
I got the triple bezel light kit from https://fordraptorlights.com
The following users liked this post:
Sharkhunt (05-07-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 04:49 PM
some guy

Define real fog lights and off road lights for me. What's the difference?
Old 04-19-2019, 10:50 PM

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Fog/driving lights are DOT approved and legal while driving. Off road lights would be spot lights, diffused lights etc that aren’t legal while driving. I don’t have a Raptor but plenty of my buddies due, I second the fordraptorlights.com. A little more $ but definitely worth it. Bezel is a perfect fit and you can customize what lights you want in there. You can do a 2 or 3 light bezel with say a legal driving light and an off road light or 2 off roads and a driving. Completely up to you.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:54 PM
some guy

Thanks for the input and info.
C
Old 04-20-2019, 08:22 AM

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Originally Posted by sixpt6
Fog/driving lights are DOT approved and legal while driving. Off road lights would be spot lights, diffused lights etc that aren’t legal while driving. I don’t have a Raptor but plenty of my buddies due, I second the fordraptorlights.com. A little more $ but definitely worth it. Bezel is a perfect fit and you can customize what lights you want in there. You can do a 2 or 3 light bezel with say a legal driving light and an off road light or 2 off roads and a driving. Completely up to you.
X2
Define real fog lights and off road lights for me. What's the difference?
The reason I asked is because I wasn't familiar with the kits you mentioned and most of these kits are advertised as fog light kits. But they do not have fog lights, they have off road lights. I guess it's because the lights mount in the typical fog light location?

I went a different route with mine. I didn't have much use for the offroad lights so I bought some amber covers for them and they were still too bright for on road use. So I modded the amber covers to tone down the light so they would match my parking and marker lights. For now they are useless for off road lights and fog lights, but I kind of like the extra marker lights. I can always remove the amber covers if I need the off road lights.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:36 AM
Super user

Received 197 Likes on 134 Posts

Thoughts?
Plenty of choices on this website....

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products...hting-Kits.asp
Old 04-20-2019, 12:01 PM
some guy

Looks good, thanks for the explanation, it is appreciated.
I live out in the country so I want something to give me some off road type light, so I guess I will likely wire them so that 2 on each side are my Bambi lights and single ones for driving.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:42 PM

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm thinking about Rigid Radiance Scene lights in the bumper (yellow background) and red background as backup lights along with a Baja Designs all yellow bar in the lower grill & then either a long range spot/hyper spot light bar or the Baja Designs LP9 on the bumper and a couple LP6 cubes on the hood like in your picture.....plus a license plate light or 2 that are red and manually controlled so in heavy for can turn them on as well as a couple yellow lights up on the front of the box facing backwards that will be hooked to a flasher...as I want to flash the rear facing lights when pulled over on the side of the road......

Living in Wyoming and spending lots of time in MT and CO along with on some dark assed roads and trails, looking for some lights that will work in a snow storm/blizzard wit 70mph winds, dust and dirt along with county roads and then to light up the distance for high speed highway driving when nobody else is on the road but animals....

So, having said that...what can you put together for my 19 Raptor.....

Last edited by SPOAT; 02-05-2020 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:23 PM
F150 Forum

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Rampy
I'm thinking about Rigid Radiance Scene lights in the bumper (yellow background) and red background as backup lights along with a Baja Designs all yellow bar in the lower grill & then either a long range spot/hyper spot light bar or the Baja Designs LP9 on the bumper and a couple LP6 cubes on the hood like in your picture.....plus a license plate light or 2 that are red and manually controlled so in heavy for can turn them on as well as a couple yellow lights up on the front of the box facing backwards that will be hooked to a flasher...as I want to flash the rear facing lights when pulled over on the side of the road......

Living in Wyoming and spending lots of time in MT and CO along with on some dark assed roads and trails, looking for some lights that will work in a snow storm/blizzard wit 70mph winds, dust and dirt along with county roads and then to light up the distance for high speed highway driving when nobody else is on the road but animals....

So, having said that...what can you put together for my 19 Raptor.....
The Radiance Scene lights would be an excellent choice for the lights in your rear bumper as they're designed for area lighting. I wouldn't recommend them for a forward facing light as the output from the Radiance Scene lights will not provide a useful output for driving. Another option for rear lights would be the Baja Designs S2 Reverse Kit.

If you're going to use your stock bumper, I'd go with one of the Baja Designs Fog Light Kits (either the Pro or Unlimited setup depending on your needs) for your short to mid-distance light. The S2 Wide Cornering light makes a nice "road friendly" light for on-road use, but you need to angle it appropriately to not blind oncoming traffic.

You could then go with the Baja Designs 10" OnX6+ light bar in Amber Driving/Combo in your lower bumper grille opening or go with the 30" S8 in Amber Driving/Combo your upper grille opening above the FORD letters. Either one of these options would be suitable for your amber use.

If your'e looking for a long range light bar, the Baja Designs 40" Arc OnX6 Racer Edition or OnX6+ would work nicely mounted to Zroadz brackets or an N-Fab light bar mount, depending on your mounting preference. The Racer Edition would be the further reaching light.

Up top on the hood mounts, you've got two options: the XL Series lights or the larger LP6 lights. Personally, I find the LP6 to be a bit too big for a hood mount and would go with the XL Series cubes. There are two versions that make the most sense based on your needs: XL Racer Edition (true hyper spot light for maximum distance) or the XL80 (extremely bright all-around driving/coverage lighting). If you're going with the OnX6 Racer Edition curved light bar, I'd vote for the XL80 driving combo. If you opt for the OnX6+ light bar, then the XL Racer may check the box if you feel that's what's needed.

Lastly, for your flashers, I'd recommend going with the Rigid 6A flasher unit and tying it into your rear Rigid Radiace Scene or Baja Designs S2 lights and your front Baja Designs S2 lights in the bumper openings. This is current that the Rigid flasher can handle and would give you plenty of visibility for forward and reverse strobe use.

If this sounds like something you may be interested in, please let us know and we can help get you setup along with anything else you may need for your truck.

Quick Reply: Fog lights for 2019 raptor