Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First oil change at 4k (5k road trip upcoming)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 03:31 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Default First oil change at 4k (5k road trip upcoming)

In preparation of a drive from NY through the Smokeys, and then west to Utah this Thursday, I had the truck serviced. Glad to report no leaking oil pan as others here have reported.

Should be about 5,000 mile round trip drive in about 20 days.

Would anyone here hesitate to put that much mileage on a new truck? Do you look to keep mileage down for future resale?

Or do you just drive it like you stole it and not worry about that at all?
Old 07-30-2017, 08:19 PM

Received 100 Likes on 88 Posts

I would not worry one bit. I have never followed any break in period for any of my vehicles. Some do though. I feel if its gonna die or break something its going do it when its ready,lol. There are bad batches of parts, bad assembly on some etc. Glad you did not have the oil pan issue. There is a perfect example of some having issues and some not. Im thinking that some may have been torqued wrong when built, I first though a bad batch being molded. Auto manufactures have a system that can track parts, when they were made and then put on vehicles. Have fun on the trip. Take pictures or it did not happen,lol.
The following users liked this post:
MDJAK (07-30-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 01:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ha, that's a great road trip. Im actually going the other way, from CA to VA. Im halfway done, with 4500 on the odo. If I can get an appointment with my Ford dealer, I'm gonna get my first oil change done before leaving TX.

I'm actually in the waiting room right now, while the tint guys finish.