Cobb Tuning - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.

Cobb Tuning

Old 01-18-2019, 02:47 PM

Default Cobb Tuning

Hereís a cool video just in case you havenít seen it yet:

I have a buddy who has a Cobb tune in his WRX and I know he really likes it. Anybody planning on going that route? It just came out for the Gen 2. I have been thinking about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedX For This Useful Post:
Silver-Bolt (01-18-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by RedX View Post
Here’s a cool video just in case you haven’t seen it yet: https://youtu.be/a-6ilRAdPQo

I have a buddy who has a Cobb tune in his WRX and I know he really likes it. Anybody planning on going that route? It just came out for the Gen 2. I have been thinking about it.

I have been using Cobb tunes and Passports since 2009, they are really good at tuning four banger turbos, incredibly professional and I am sure they will do well with the EB's. I had a stage 1 91 octane tune loaded in my 2009 WRX at 11,000 miles, EJ25, 2.5L with the VF52 stock turbo, stock down pipe and exhaust tuned to 300hp/360tq at the wheels, so 360/400 at the crank, and I drove that for 155,000 miles until I hit an unexpected slick spot one night and flung the car of an embankment. Needless to say the tune had nothing to do with the only vehicular accident I have ever had. Solid tune, even stage one with all stock equipment. With supporting mods and ethanol tunes the can do some real magic. That was with Surgline/COBB in Portland. They have a great reputation in the Subaru/Evo community for all kinds of tunes, dailies, time attack, rally cross, the strip, 87,89,91,83,ethenol tunes. They have a deep knowledge of compressing air and various fuel types efficiently and violently and have had a reputation for NOT selling people tunes that will grenade their motors.

I have not had to deal with them in years because the tune I had was so reliable, and I have never had anything buy a customer relationship with them, good guys. They also installed my matched bilstein damper and RCE springs, put 110,000 flawless miles on that set up also, the do good work. If I get my 3.5 tuned I plan on using a passport V3 and tuning it at their Portland Location.

Last edited by etothen; 01-19-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:13 PM

Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,471 Posts

I'm going to ponder on it some more this winter before I decide what I'm going to do. I like Cobb's tuning device the Accessport better than the NGauge that MPT uses. But I like that MPT's tunes include TCM tuning.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:59 PM

I fired an email off to COBB to find out when/if they were going to offer supporting TCM maps. I pointed out it is something they will have to offer if they want to do much tuning of F150's. As far as I know all of the Tuning they have done in the past for Subaru, Mitsubishi, Porsche, Nissan and Ford have been focused at the manual transmission market. Separately I also asked when they would be coming out with non raptor maps, since I don't have a raptor it seemed relevant.

Last edited by etothen; 01-19-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:54 PM
F150 Vendor

Originally Posted by etothen View Post
I fired an email off to COBB to find out when/if they were going to offer supporting TCM maps. I pointed out it is something they will have to offer if they want to do much tuning of F150's. As far as I know all of the Tuning they have done in the past for Subaru, Mitsubishi, Porsche, Nissan and Ford have been focused at the manual transmission market. Separately I also asked when they would be coming out with non raptor maps, since I don't have a raptor it seemed relevant.
TCM tuning along with 2019 Raptor support is currently in development. No ETA at this time, unfortunately.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:16 PM

Without trans tuning it's not even worth considering at the moment IMO.

There are other very capable software options (SCT, HP Tuners).
Old 02-12-2019, 11:09 PM
F150 Vendor

Originally Posted by Spooled View Post
Without trans tuning it's not even worth considering at the moment IMO.

There are other very capable software options (SCT, HP Tuners).
I agree that TCM tuning will definitely improve the overall drivability. That said, our customers have noted improved drivability and shifting even with the ECU tuning. Smoother power delivery and less overall harshness. TCM support will definitely provide a better experience as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cobb Tuning

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: