Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Stop and Go to ACC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Stop and Go to ACC?

Picked up a 2018 Raptor the other day, and was under the impression ACC included stop and go. I was looking forward to playing with it with my grid locked commute every day. Does anyone know if this is something that can be added myself?
Old 01-15-2019, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, by no response I guess this hasn't been done before? Anyone know if I can just put in the lidar mirror module and enable it in forscan?
Old 01-20-2019, 09:45 AM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Not an answer to your question, but what I can tell you is I had it in my 2018 Platinum, and if I wasn't a very vigilant driver it would've (or at least I think so) driven me right into the rear of an 18 wheeler. I was using it in bumper to bumper traffic. It would stop as it should when the 18 wheeler stopped in front of me, and then it all of a sudden just decided to go while the truck was still stopped. I immediately jammed on the brakes. Now, whether it would have caught itself and not crashed in its rear I'll never know, but I lost confidence in it. Not sure why, but the ACC on all 3 of my Ford trucks, a 17 Raptor, 18 Platinum, 19 Raptor leaves me a bit wanting. Seems to apply the brakes a bit late, and knowing the excessive stopping distance a truck needs, just doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling.

Also, the stop and go, when I did use it, if you are stopped more than about 5 seconds or so, perhaps 10, you need to press the resume button to get going again. Not a big deal, just sayin'.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:05 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe the 19s have the stop and go. There is another forum that I've been following and it doesn't look possible to retrofit in at this time.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/adapt...-added-373799/
Old 03-14-2019, 03:09 PM

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MDJAK
Not an answer to your question, but what I can tell you is I had it in my 2018 Platinum, and if I wasn't a very vigilant driver it would've (or at least I think so) driven me right into the rear of an 18 wheeler. I was using it in bumper to bumper traffic. It would stop as it should when the 18 wheeler stopped in front of me, and then it all of a sudden just decided to go while the truck was still stopped. I immediately jammed on the brakes. Now, whether it would have caught itself and not crashed in its rear I'll never know, but I lost confidence in it. Not sure why, but the ACC on all 3 of my Ford trucks, a 17 Raptor, 18 Platinum, 19 Raptor leaves me a bit wanting. Seems to apply the brakes a bit late, and knowing the excessive stopping distance a truck needs, just doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling.

Also, the stop and go, when I did use it, if you are stopped more than about 5 seconds or so, perhaps 10, you need to press the resume button to get going again. Not a big deal, just sayin'.
So you have a 19 Raptor with ACC now?

If so you would be able to answer the question as to whether the IPMA behind the rear view mirror is the same as in the other 502A and up 2019 with ACC.

If you do have that other lens unmasked then you would have the pedestrian detection version that we all call 'stop and go' ACC. That's the one you see on all the 2018+ 502A and up with tech and ACC.

I have an '18 with tech and I know I don't have the ped detection, but since I need a new windshield anyway I'm going to have them install the windshield from a Lariat+ with the ped detection bracket for the IPMA and then work on getting the rest wired up and configured.

S.

Quick Reply: Adding Stop and Go to ACC?