Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9.75 rear question

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 08:41 PM

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts
Default 9.75 rear question

Hello guys , figured i would ask in here as they're seems to be more traffic compared to 15 section , I have a 15 with that goofy 8.8 rear ford has now but I got a killer deal on a 9.75 housing new from ford and a set of oem 4.10 gears , which I couldn't get for my 8.8 , anyway my dilemma is that since this housing is bare and i I got new gears I don't have a pinion shim to reuse like normally when I do gear swaps , to make a long story short does anyone know or know someone who may know what pinion shim ford puts in the 9.75s from the factory ? Even better if someone knows what the raptors have for a pinion shim because I understand they have 4.10s stock ? Thank you !
Old 11-04-2016, 05:01 AM

Received 216 Likes on 145 Posts

There is a tool used to measure pinion depth, and thus figure out what you need for a pinion shim. There isn't going to be a one size fits all shim, but it will be close. The "correct" way is to use the tool to measure what you need. If you have experience building rear ends, you can figure it out with a selection of different size shims, and some gear marking compound.
The following users liked this post:
WarSurfer (11-07-2016)