Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Raptor shifting issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2020 Raptor shifting issues

Hey all!

Have a 2020 SCREW with weird unexplainable shifting issues. 2 months ago, I went offroading, drove pretty hard. Out of nowhere, the truck started upshifting while in manual mode. I also had a notification that say unable to use terrain mode.
When my party stopped to take a break, my passenger rear tire was flat. I changed out the tire and drove home slowly.

After buying new tires and all tpms wheels were on the truck, I was able to choose a different terrain mode. Now, last weekend, I went off roading, but this time, I noticed my truck would start upshifting out of nowhere in manual mode. Finished the run in auto mode.

Here's the isolated problem. This happens even in regular terrain mode and in auto mode. I was driving to my buddies house and I drove over a bump, I looked at my shift indicator and it started flashing like I kept pressing the upshift button on the shifter or hitting the upshifter on the steering wheel. It seems to be a short somewhere. Maybe a cable is being pinched.

I took apart the center console and drove around while fiddling around with the wires to try and replicate the upshifting but I couldnt get it to upshift without the regular shift buttons.

Anyone ever encountered this before?

Quick Reply: 2020 Raptor shifting issues