Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Raptor rumors

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2020 Raptor rumors

Newbie here looking for info. I have heard rumors from 3 different sources (2 salesmen and an online article) of a Shelbyized V8 motor soon ('20 or '21) to be available for the Raptor. Although the Eco-boost is admirable us old guys think there is no substitute for cubic inches. Has anyone heard same?
Old 04-26-2019, 01:50 AM
Yup

Received 149 Likes on 105 Posts

Rumors? Yes. Credible? Not that I know of, although I hope so.

I just swapped my 18 Raptor for a ‘19 5.0 with a blower. If they do release a blown raptor, my wallet is going to hurt because I will likely order one for my street queen lol.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:06 AM

Received 235 Likes on 114 Posts

Nothing confirmed yet, but the rumors are becoming increasingly credible. Raptors are already a status symbol for the very wealthy, and they were willing to pay hefty dealer markups when it was new. I'd put my money on this happening.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-supercharged/

Old 05-06-2019, 07:10 PM

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingofpasadena
Nothing confirmed yet, but the rumors are becoming increasingly credible. Raptors are already a status symbol for the very wealthy, and they were willing to pay hefty dealer markups when it was new. I'd put my money on this happening.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-supercharged/
That would be sweet! But I would think the MSRP (and/or markup) would approach $100k

i am definitely getting a Raptor, when my current (260k miles) truck gets expensive to keep on the road. Problem is, it’s been damn near perfect and still drives like new.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am a current Ford employee... Have asked a few reps and they all confirm there will NOT be a V8 put back in the Raptor. Said it goes against everything Ford has been doing. Who knows though? Anything is possible.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:00 AM

Received 235 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Russ103
That would be sweet! But I would think the MSRP (and/or markup) would approach $100k

i am definitely getting a Raptor, when my current (260k miles) truck gets expensive to keep on the road. Problem is, it’s been damn near perfect and still drives like new.
I'm pretty sure it would exceed $100K.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to those who responded. After much consideration I have ordered a new '19 F-150 Lariat 4X4. A few things made the decision easier. If, as in maybe, Ford drops the GT 500 motor in a small number of Raptors the dealer markup would be huge. Secondly, I read Ford has been cutting back production of the 5.0 coyote at their Windsor plant. I was also assured the dealer installed Roush blower and Cat-back exhaust would be covered under warranty by Ford. I briefly considered a Roush built truck but couldn't see 4K for badges and graphics. This will replace my current F-150 that performs triple duty; daily driver, towing an enclosed trailer, and crawling around the Mojave desert.

Quick Reply: 2020 Raptor rumors