Topic Sponsor

What to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do next?

I have a 2001 5.4 xlt i have a vortech supercharger with about 6psi, longtube headers and magnaflow catback system. Im wonder what mods i should do next where is my money best spent, any sugestions?

Last edited by NFLD007; 03-17-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should build up the engine first, bore it out some bigger crank, more lift on lifters, better rockers etc. then build up your tranmission, change your gears up, bigger fuel lines etc.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iam4x4
I think you should build up the engine first, bore it out some bigger crank, more lift on lifters, better rockers etc. then build up your tranmission, change your gears up, bigger fuel lines etc.
I agree with the transmission buildup as part of you future plans, but I would put it before any additional mods. Next question, is what are your long term plans? If the truck will be a long term member of your horsepower country club, give the motor the attention it deserves. Some better flowing heads with cams designed for blower applications would be at the top of my list. When the '03 Cobra debuted, Ford had to construct the engine using a cast iron block because the aluminum block from the previous Cobra's couldn't hold up. They then put Manley pistons and H beam connecting rods with floating wrist pins and ARP studs and bolts. You should treat your truck with the same regard if longevity is a concern.

Centrifugal blowers are awesome but they generate max boost at higher RPMs where most factory engines are weakest in terms of strength.