Topic Sponsor

Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Swap

My 97 F-150 is blowing spark plugs. First it was #5 twice and now it is three plugs, numbers 1,5, and 7. What is causing this to happen?

I am ready to pull the engine and replace it with a F150 lightning svt.Will this work?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Kill em all

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HMMMM, the engine is not going to blow the plugs with regular compression. Sounds like you have run into a bad batch of plugs. As far as the lightning motor goes it is more that just a swap. There is wiring and fuel issues with that also.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blown spark plugs

1. i also had sparkplug #5 twice and then #2. when #5 blew i thread chased the hole, be sure to thread straight. then when it blew again i heli coiled it. thread straight and then roll engine over w/ no spark plug to blow metal shavings out of the cylinder. insert coil, use thread locker or similar. install plug. and coilwire. it is a temporary fix but it worked for awhile. the next thing to do would be order rebuild kit, and manual for the truck (if you need to). and have heads machined. normally a machine shop may already have a head available for exchange. good luck

Quick Reply: Engine Swap