Topic Sponsor

Cruise Control and Poor Service at Ford

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control and Poor Service at Ford

I have an 2005 Ford F150 FX4 SCREW. First off the the automatic hubs started trying to lock in upon braking at any speed and low RPMs. So I replaced the IWE valve and continued on my way. It kept doing the same grinding upon decelleration. I tried to drive the last 30 miles to the next nearest Dealership and it began to die over and over. Somehow I managed to limp it in to the Service Department. After waiting 2 hours they determined that my Throttle Body needed replaced. Well come to find out the throttle body was allowing the RPMS to fall just enough to eliminate the vacuum needed at low RPMS and especially during bracking to keep the HUBs unlocked. The service department replaced my TB and I went on my way. After about 20 miles I tried to engage my cruise control (which worked that same day) and found it no longer worked. No lights in the dash and no indication of power to the CC. I called the dealership and they said they couldn't have done anything to disturb the CC. My question is on a typical TB install would anything cause the cruise control not to work? I'm now 500 miles from that particular dealership so they think they are in the clear.

Quick Reply: Cruise Control and Poor Service at Ford